The Student Room Group

Friends Broken Laptop

hi,

so I have a couple of overbearing breinds that often invite them selves over or turn up without warning us or asking

one day they brought their old but currently used laptop to me and pretty much tolde to upgrade the RAM, no discussion.

so, I took it apart (reluctantly) and looked at the 2 RAM sticks, one is easily accessible by removing the baseplate, the other requires the motherboard to be removed.

anyway, I took the motherboard out and once I put it back together it didn't turn on again, only a screen flicker. After re-building it a second time the ribbon connector for the power button doesn't work, and it's difficult to reconnect the keyboard.

I work for a reputable IT company (can't get anyone there to fix it, not that kind of IT) and I don't work in the "fix it" area of IT, so idk what to do.

Any advice? How much do I pay towards a new laptop ? (This laptop is old, I'm not buying a new one and will help them get a refurb one of similar capability). but how much do I put towards it?

Any other suggestions to solve this problem appreciated.
"Any advice? How much do I pay towards a new laptop ? (This laptop is old, I'm not buying a new one and will help them get a refurb one of similar capability). but how much do I put towards it?"

£0.00

And get some new friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending