The Student Room Group

2 Unis at the same time?

Hi everyone

I'm new on here so go easy if I'm breaking any rules! There's thousands of threads and I can't find one to match mine.

Basically, I have done a year studying Geography at one university, but failed 1 module. The university won't let me progress into 2nd year without passing that module and have insisted that I take a year out to complete it. As it is only one module, I will be repeating without attendance (just going in to do the exam in May 09, not going to lectures). As I'm repeating without attendance, I have a year off now at home.

Obviously I will still be registered as a student at my original university, but I was wondering whether I would be allowed to register at my local metropolitan university to study Business for a year while still a registered student at my original university.

I want to do this because I'm not sure Geography is for me. I want a little taster of Business Studies, and then come May 09 when I have two sets of exams (1 for Geography, 1 for Business) then I will ditch one of the two options.

I was just wondering whether any of you knew for definate? I've googled the topic and can't find an answer anywhere and I'm reluctant to contact the local metropolitan to ask incase they just reject me outright, I'd rather know the facts so I know how to play my hand.

Cheers
Reply 1
your not allowed to do that
you cant go to 2 unis at once
Reply 2
hamza_ibrahim
Hi everyone

I'm new on here so go easy if I'm breaking any rules! There's thousands of threads and I can't find one to match mine.

Basically, I have done a year studying Geography at one university, but failed 1 module. The university won't let me progress into 2nd year without passing that module and have insisted that I take a year out to complete it. As it is only one module, I will be repeating without attendance (just going in to do the exam in May 09, not going to lectures). As I'm repeating without attendance, I have a year off now at home.

Obviously I will still be registered as a student at my original university, but I was wondering whether I would be allowed to register at my local metropolitan university to study Business for a year while still a registered student at my original university.

I want to do this because I'm not sure Geography is for me. I want a little taster of Business Studies, and then come May 09 when I have two sets of exams (1 for Geography, 1 for Business) then I will ditch one of the two options.

I was just wondering whether any of you knew for definate? I've googled the topic and can't find an answer anywhere and I'm reluctant to contact the local metropolitan to ask incase they just reject me outright, I'd rather know the facts so I know how to play my hand.

Cheers

you cant do that....you cant attend two unis at the same time....if you are unsure try getting a job in the business sector to see if it suits you
Reply 3
You could try doing a course in college? Like an A-level or something...

Latest

Trending

Trending