The Student Room Group

Miss Selfridge website and paypal?

Anyone had/have a problem paying with paypal on the Miss Selfridge website? I always prefer paying that way (it's supposed to be the safest way right?!) but it doesn't seem to be working for me. After entering my paypal email&password I get a message that says 'you credit card cannot be used for this transaction.' My paypal is working fine for other purposes as is my debit card.

Would anyone with a Miss Selfridge account mind trying to see if it works for them? I mean I figure Miss Selfridge has a safe site but I'm just getting a bit paranoid that Miss Selfridge/some dude in an alley in Lagos is stealing my pennies. (And I don't have internet banking to check that it's not happening! :p: )
Reply 1
minimo
Anyone had/have a problem paying with paypal on the Miss Selfridge website? I always prefer paying that way (it's supposed to be the safest way right?!) but it doesn't seem to be working for me. After entering my paypal email&password I get a message that says 'you credit card cannot be used for this transaction.' My paypal is working fine for other purposes as is my debit card.

Would anyone with a Miss Selfridge account mind trying to see if it works for them? I mean I figure Miss Selfridge has a safe site but I'm just getting a bit paranoid that Miss Selfridge/some dude in an alley in Lagos is stealing my pennies. (And I don't have internet banking to check that it's not happening! :p: )

i literally just bought a skirt from miss selfridge a few days ago, i payed via paypal/creditcard and it went fine o_O maybe the site is down? :<
Reply 2
Hopefully, thanks! I can't imagine miss selfridge to have a site that's not secure and the paypal page they brought up seems perfectly legit. I just worry easily!
Reply 3
I ended up paying with my debit card, figured I was being paranoid! Rep for clarfairy tomorrow :smile: x
Reply 4
Paypal is having trouble at the moment with card payments, I tried to pay off my ebay bill today and I got a message saying so and I couldn't do it.
Reply 5
There's no need to worry about fraud or anything with regard to this glitch they're having is there?

Reply 6
Nah I doubt it, they've just suspended all use of card payments for the time being. I'm gonna try again in a day or two. :smile:
Reply 7
minimo
I ended up paying with my debit card, figured I was being paranoid! Rep for clarfairy tomorrow :smile: x

What did you end up buying min? :hubba:
Reply 8
Adhsur
What did you end up buying min? :hubba:

Pics in the what did you buy this week thread :yep:

Latest