The Student Room Group

i sneeze everytime i think of sex.

i thought its not normal . but after i googled it i realise its a phenomena

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_induced_sneezing

do you suffer from this problem? Is there a way to stop it from happening?
I have nothing helpful to add sorry, but wow

I've also moved your thread somewhere more relevant :h:
Reply 2
Exactly 19 dedicated horny sneezes a day. Science is fascinating :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20140617-how-often-do-men-think-about-sex
Original post by Obolinda
I have nothing helpful to add sorry, but wow

I've also moved your thread somewhere more relevant :h:

Thank you for not treating my post as trolling lol. i hesitated when posting out of fear that people wont believe me.

This doesnt happen to you all?
That's something I've never heard of.
Does it affect your daily life a lot?
Original post by HucktheForde
Thank you for not treating my post as trolling lol. i hesitated when posting out of fear that people wont believe me.

This doesnt happen to you all?

no worries :biggrin:

no, I don't think so
Original post by Obolinda
no worries :biggrin:

no, I don't think so

I started googling about this problem...

“I had one woman who said she divorced her husband because she knew about his little phenomenon," Bhutta said. "When he would go to certain cocktail parties, he would start sneezing."

https://splinternews.com/why-do-some-people-sneeze-when-sexually-aroused-1793853854

oh dear :eek:
Original post by saji13
That's something I've never heard of.
Does it affect your daily life a lot?

no, its not like i sneeze continuously non-stop. i sneeze once when i think of sex , then it doesnt happen after a "cooldown period" , after that when i start thinking of sex i start sneezing again.
Stay away from dem sexy ladies (or/and men dependant on your orientation) when go to the supermarket.
Because people are going to mistakenly think you've got covid....
So I've been suffering from sexually induced sneezing for my entire life now, since the time I started exploring my body.

Sexually induced sneezing is exactly what it sounds like, wikipedia says:
The person experiences sneezing as a result of sexual thoughts, arousal, intercourse, or orgasm. Sneezing occurs independent of external nasal stimuli or allergens, and may occur at any point during a sexual experience. Both men and women are affected by the phenomenon.

In short, I have to sneeze when I do anything sexual or have sexual thoughts.
When I was a kid I thought this was normal and I was super afraid to sneeze in public, because I was sure people would think I was having dirty thoughts. Later I discovered that not everyone had this so that calmed me down, but I still think about it a lot when I have to sneeze in public or when I'm over at a friend's place.

The one positive I can think of is that all my sexual partners have found it really cute, so I enjoy that aspect :smile:

I was wondering if there were any other people her on GAF who suffered from this, and what your experiences with it are.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sexually-induced-sneezing-does-anyone-else-her-suffer-from-it.1207368/#:~:text=Sexually%20induced%20sneezing%20is%20exactly,point%20during%20a%20sexual%20experience

So there are other people like me
I have the exact same thing. I've recently started telling people and no one else experiences it. There isn't much online about it either.I'm lucky that it isn't a sneezing fit episode or that I'm not often thinking about anything sexual.Sad that this post was moved to trolling. It's not debilitating for us but it may be for someone else and they moved it to trolling to ridicule.
I have the same thing and have been googling for years to see people like me. Mine is different to all I’ve read as I sneeze once or twice when thinking of sex (never any more than that) , but NEVER sneeze whilst actually doing sexual things! It’s only when I’m fantasising.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sneezyfit
I have the same thing and have been googling for years to see people like me. Mine is different to all I’ve read as I sneeze once or twice when thinking of sex (never any more than that) , but NEVER sneeze whilst actually doing sexual things! It’s only when I’m fantasising.

I should also add that I almost never sneeze normally in life. It’s almost exclusively when I’m fantastising.

DRs and friends have dismissed it as a joke. I’d love to meet someone or speak to someone who had the same
this is exactly what happens to me omgi’m glad its a thing, I always thought it was a symptom of some kind of psychological trauma which isn’t a pleasant thought…
Reply 13
I am the same way. I only sneeze once. It’s a huge sneeze. Like an explosion, and then no more. It’s when I’m super excited, and thinking about my partner and all of the things that we are going to do. The way I am going to feel when we do them. The way he’s going to feel. Yeah… I’ve been sneezing a lot today… and I don’t have allergies. 😉🤣
Original post by HucktheForde
i thought its not normal . but after i googled it i realise its a phenomena

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_induced_sneezing

do you suffer from this problem? Is there a way to stop it from happening?

i dont....know?

Quick Reply

Latest