The Student Room Group

can i say yarhamuk Allaah as a non-muslim?

if a muslim sneezes and says alhamdulillaah, can i reply yarhamuk Allaah even though i’m not muslim or is that reserved for muslims only? would it be odd or inappropriate for me to say it? or do i just say bless you?
You can say whatever you like.
Or just ignore the sneeze and don't say anything. :cool:
Original post by annaolivex
if a muslim sneezes and says alhamdulillaah, can i reply yarhamuk Allaah even though i’m not muslim or is that reserved for muslims only? would it be odd or inappropriate for me to say it? or do i just say bless you?

What would you ordinarily say? If you're not a muslim, why would you say 'Allaah'?
Original post by annaolivex

It’s completely fine for you to say it :smile:

But I’m just curious to know, if you don’t believe in Allah how come you want to say it? because it means “May Allah have mercy on you”.
Original post by Reality Check
What would you ordinarily say? If you're not a muslim, why would you say 'Allaah'?

Original post by zz2002
It’s completely fine for you to say it :smile:

But I’m just curious to know, if you don’t believe in Allah how come you want to say it? because it means “May Allah have mercy on you”.

the word 'Allah' literally translate to god. so i dont see any problem saying "“May God(Allah) have mercy on you”.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
the word 'Allah' literally translate to god. so i dont see any problem saying "“May God(Allah) have mercy on you”.

Hey, no I don’t have any problem lol. I was just asking because I got curious after reading the above comment, but yeah I remembered after that it literally just means God so doesn’t make a diff
Original post by Reality Check

Allah is god

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending