The Student Room Group
I thought it was very useful, started with an overview of OASC and selection, then went into RAF Waddington (and the ISTAR aircraft), then broke off into separate branch talks. Pilot/RPAS was very useful, just an open floor for questions for a few hours but some good insight into training/general service life.
Reply 2
Original post by dannyoboy007
I thought it was very useful, started with an overview of OASC and selection, then went into RAF Waddington (and the ISTAR aircraft), then broke off into separate branch talks. Pilot/RPAS was very useful, just an open floor for questions for a few hours but some good insight into training/general service life.

How much notice of the event did you get ?
I got about a 2-3 weeks notice, but I booked the day off work because I wanted to watch it all and didn't want to be distracted.

Forgot to say, any questions on anything specific feel free to ask, there's a chance it was asked and answered. I managed to make made quite a few notes from it - there's too much to write everything here though!

I'd say about half of it was probably stuff you'd already know if you'd read online so you didn't miss tons, but it was still useful for some of the tips and it was very helpful of them to put it on. Last time I applied (when Covid wasn't a thing), I was able to attend an OASC prep day at my local OASC, so I suppose this was the current equivalent. It also covered the whole application process however (CBAT + OASC) and not just OASC, so for those of us who are later in our application process, not all of it is as relevant (still interesting to listen to however).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Where did you receive the invite from? I stumbled across a clip of one of the talks from it on youtube but had no idea it was a day event until seeing this thread.
Original post by HPaton
Where did you receive the invite from? I stumbled across a clip of one of the talks from it on youtube but had no idea it was a day event until seeing this thread.

Are you sure it's a video from the same event? It happened only a few days ago and it wasn't broadcast or uploaded anywhere AFAIK.

I got my invite from my AFCO portal online. I initially assumed it was for those who were prepping for their OASC, however it turns out a lot of people were at different stages, and quite a few people waiting to do their CBAT. I'm not sure how the invites were issued, maybe it was dependant upon your local AFCO on forwarding you to the event. There was a 250/350 person limit anyway, so not everybody could get onto it to view the powerpoint slides. There may potentially be future events?
Reply 6
Are you sure it's a video from the same event? It happened only a few days ago and it wasn't broadcast or uploaded anywhere AFAIK.

I got my invite from my AFCO portal online. I initially assumed it was for those who were prepping for their OASC, however it turns out a lot of people were at different stages, and quite a few people waiting to do their CBAT. I'm not sure how the invites were issued, maybe it was dependant upon your local AFCO on forwarding you to the event. There was a 250/350 person limit anyway, so not everybody could get onto it to view the powerpoint slides. There may potentially be future events?

Ah I see, I didn't receive anything via my portal but there was a video uploaded from a talk on Languages in the RAF both WSOp (L) and Intelligence Analyst which was a great watch however I'm only assuming it was from the same event.
I would have been really interested in the Waddington event but will keep my eyes peeled in case they hold something similar again in the future.
Danny do you still respond to chats?
Reply 8
Original post by AmanuelAlelegn
Danny do you still respond to chats?
No; hasn't posted on here for 3 years.

Latest