The Student Room Group

Which revision method do you prefer?

Hi

I have come up with two revision methods (which I will start after my violin concert this week) I was wondering if you could advise me on which one is better

Method 1
I have 8 exams so I revise for each exam each week and then I will have 4 weeks left which I will spend solely on past papers

Method 2
Make all my revision notes by november 3rd then from then on I mind map and do past papers (and for maths I will go through the revision guide and do solomon papers) this is up until december

and from then on I start past papers and repeat the past papers 3 times

Which one sounds better?
Reply 1
i do method 1 - read the book and do past papers.
Reply 2
Revision method depends on paper & person also. But I prefer your 2nd one.
Reply 3
i would personally do method 1.
I would do number 1, but it depends on which one you think would help you most.
Reply 5
I would do method one, but maybe not do the subjects completely in one week chunks, mix it up a bit to keep interest :P
I prefer method 2 to be honest. By the time you do your past papers for method 1, you will have probably forgotten a lot of the stuff you revised for during the earlier weeks - well I know I would! :p:
I'd say number 2.
I like making notes and doing past papers as soon as I can. I honestly find that getting into the habit of how to answer questions works best for me. Also I like to only do things right if you get me... So i remember the right answer rather than the wrong answer

Latest