The Student Room Group

Physice revision?

Hi guys, i do maths, fm and physics and I struggle more in physics than my other two subjects so I'm curious how you guys are finding it? Also how do you revise for physics?
Original post by Abaxta
Hi guys, i do maths, fm and physics and I struggle more in physics than my other two subjects so I'm curious how you guys are finding it? Also how do you revise for physics?

I'm also in a similar position finding Physics quite difficult.

One method I thought of that I think could be helpful is probably finding how certain concepts are used in real life to better understand them with more context. For example, I found that superconductors are used to make stronger electromagnets since the zero resistivity allows for improved flow of current. And by applying how superconductors work to that application, being the electromagnets, I feel that it's helped much more.

Another method I like to do is creating flowcharts to better understand concepts, but I feel that this would work better with topics that aren't very 'math-heavy', as I found it easy to do with Electromagnetic Radiation and Quantum Phenomena but I now find it slightly impractical for Mechanics, as I would prefer to draw diagrams and annotate them so that I can understand it myself.

Those are the methods I like to use but the main method is probably exam questions, where my Physics teacher is always emphasising using the ones from Physics and Maths Tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest