The Student Room Group

Loughobrough or Nottingham

Generally speaking, which university is better considering social life, sports, and student satisfaction, yet also maintaining quality education.
I want to pursue biosciences and sports and the social life play a big part in my decision.
Loughborough university and university of Nottingham are currently my top choices.
Any thoughts on their comparison?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi @MQadada,

I studied both my undergraduate degree and master's degree at Loughborough, so hopefully I can offer some insight into life here at Loughborough!

Student life is really varied here and there is always something that you can get involved - there really is something for everyone! There is a reason Loughborough was named the winner of in the Sport and Societies categories in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020 :smile:

There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with sport across campus, from joining the Athletic Union (which offers 58 sporting clubs), taking part in IMS (where you compete against other halls), MyLifestyle and through the CVA (Coaching and Volunteering academy). If you'd like to find out more about sport at Loughborough, you may find it helpful to check out the Loughborough Sport website if you haven't already!

In my experience, the student experience at Loughborough is amazing and I love how there is always something happening on campus, whether it is an event, some form of sport or some form of activity in the union. You also really get that #LboroFamily feel from the moment you step onto campus - I wouldn't have stayed on for a master's if I didn't love it!

You may find it helpful to take a look at the Student Experience page on the website here to find out more about life as a Loughborough student.

I hope this is helpful and offers a bit of insight - I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about student life here at Loughborough!
Ella :smile:
Reply 2
That you so much Ella I really appreciate it :smile:)
Original post by MQadada
That you so much Ella I really appreciate it :smile:)

No problem! Happy to help :smile:
Hey there! Thank you for the insight into L’boro. It was really informative. Can you also shed some light onto the Covid situation over there in the UK and how L’boro is adapting to it with its students?
Original post by SumeshPradeep
Hey there! Thank you for the insight into L’boro. It was really informative. Can you also shed some light onto the Covid situation over there in the UK and how L’boro is adapting to it with its students?

Hi @SumeshPradeep,

I believe that Dan, my colleague from the Loughborough Postgraduate account has sent you a PM (dated 20 April) - this should be in your inbox and should be helpful in providing you with more information :smile:

Ella :smile:
Yes. I had received the message from Dan. I’m grateful for your response. Thank you 😄
Original post by SumeshPradeep
Yes. I had received the message from Dan. I’m grateful for your response. Thank you 😄

Ok great, no problem at all. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending