The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Psychology at Glasgow Uni help!!

received an offer for psychology at glasgow uni and i knew i would have to take other courses in the first few years but i got an email from glasgow and it has a table of compulsory courses. i do not want to take chemistry!!! do i have to choose from the options they give you or can i pick subjects i actually want to take??
Reply 1
Contact Glasgow. That's what I do when I'm confused. Email, phone. If you email the wrong person they will usually tell you the right person to contact. Good luck!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Luna__
Contact Glasgow. That's what I do when I'm confused. Email, phone. If you email the wrong person they will usually tell you the right person to contact. Good luck!

Thank you! Ive given them a wee email so hopefully they reply soon. I think I already know the answer but just wanted to be sure, I’m just hoping i’m not given chemistry. Did you apply to Glasgow?
Reply 3
Yeah. I applied last year, firmed them, and then had to take a gap year due to covid (I'm coming from the US). Its a bit funny because your making sure you don't have to take chem and I just signed up to take the AP chem exam again so I can take chem. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Luna__
Yeah. I applied last year, firmed them, and then had to take a gap year due to covid (I'm coming from the US). Its a bit funny because your making sure you don't have to take chem and I just signed up to take the AP chem exam again so I can take chem. :smile:

Aw that’s a shame! Really cool you’re coming here though. But yeah I’m taking it right now in my last year at school, however Ive never taken it before and everyone else has (I thought I would need it but changed my mind on the path I wanted to go down) I just don’t enjoy it at all, I’d love to take biology though:smile:
Reply 5
what happened? did you have to take chem as an elective or could you choose something else? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending