The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Masters

I applied to UofA on 26th February for a masters. How long, on average, does it take for an admission decision?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izbiety123
I applied to UofA on 26th February for a masters. How long, on average, does it take for an admission decision?

Hey! What did you apply for? And did you get a second mail to confirm your details by uploading a passport copy?
Reply 2
Original post by callmeartemis
Hey! What did you apply for? And did you get a second mail to confirm your details by uploading a passport copy?

Hey! i applied for Archival and Information Studies! Yes, they emailed me a few days ago saying that they've received by passport copy and I "not receive any further confirmation on this process".
Hey! i applied for Archival and Information Studies! Yes, they emailed me a few days ago saying that they've received by passport copy and I "not receive any further confirmation on this process".

Ah yes. Same here. I've applied to New Media and Digital Culture.
Reply 4

Hey,

Has your application status changed at all recently? Mine has not.
Hey,

Has your application status changed at all recently? Mine has not.

not at all. Honestly, I'm giving it at least 8 weeks. I've applied to two UK universities too and the applications have crossed the 8-week mark and still in the first stage. COVID has been hard for colleges.
I sent in my application for the media studies programme in November, and got my response in early March. I sent in an application for the communication science programme at the same time, and got a response in December. The response time seems to vary a lot by faculty and depending on your application.
Reply 7
Original post by flyingkai
I sent in my application for the media studies programme in November, and got my response in early March. I sent in an application for the communication science programme at the same time, and got a response in December. The response time seems to vary a lot by faculty and depending on your application.

Oh woah, thats a very long wait! I wonder when i'll hear back! Hopefully before August! i have emailed them to ask, but have yet to receive a reponse!
My application status just changed to "Admission Decision" on the UvA portal. Now I'm so anxious :eek: This is my 4th week I think.
Reply 9
My application status just changed to "Admission Decision" on the UvA portal. Now I'm so anxious :eek: This is my 4th week I think.

oh really! Exciting! It's also my fourth week but mine still says "Preliminary Checks"
(edited 3 years ago)

Any updates on your application? I haven't received any mails even after my application status changed to "admission decision"
Reply 11
Same. No change since “admission decision”

So do I!:eek:
Reply 13
Hi everyone! I'm going through the same anxiety. I applied for the UvA social science research master's program in late January and, since my application has got stuck in the "admissions decision" stage for a while now - I'd say three weeks roughly- , I've started to lose hope. The thing is I need to respond to an offer from a different uni soonish and I'm not sure how I should handle it... (Same for Leiden and Utrecht... no responses yet). Do you think there's still hope for these three or is it more of a lost game already?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by EP25
Hi everyone! I'm going through the same anxiety. I applied for the UvA social science research master's program in late January and, since my application has got stuck in the "admissions decision" stage for a while now - I'd say three weeks roughly- , I've started to lose hope. The thing is I need to respond to an offer from a different uni soonish and I'm not sure how I should handle it... (Same for Leiden and Utrecht... no responses yet). Do you think there's still hope for these three or is it more of a lost game already?

I think there's still hope honestly. Universities are just trying to cope with COVID. I have heard of a few people who got positive offers after 14 weeks of applying also (UK Universities). Don't worry.
Reply 15
I think there's still hope honestly. Universities are just trying to cope with COVID. I have heard of a few people who got positive offers after 14 weeks of applying also (UK Universities). Don't worry.

Hey, thanks. You're right. Covid doesn't make it easy. Fingers crossed. I wish you best of luck and to receive the good news soon!

Hey there! I also applied to the Archival and Information Studies program on March 1 and have been on "Admission Decision" for about 5 weeks now! Any updates on your end? Fingers crossed for the both of us. x
Reply 17
Original post by honoragibbons
Hey there! I also applied to the Archival and Information Studies program on March 1 and have been on "Admission Decision" for about 5 weeks now! Any updates on your end? Fingers crossed for the both of us. x

Hey!
I’ve heard nothing yet! Still waiting ? Any updates ?good luck !
Reply 18
Applied 8 weeks ago and still on the "preliminary checks" stage.... going to send an email and ask when I can expect to hear any sort of update, getting a bit stressed now
Reply 19
Original post by oogold
Applied 8 weeks ago and still on the "preliminary checks" stage.... going to send an email and ask when I can expect to hear any sort of update, getting a bit stressed now

I wouldn’t worry too much. Their system seems to be very random!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending