The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Masters

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I received a rejection today (yikes). They said my international degree doesn't meet the requirements when you convert to Dutch equivalents. Sucks for me. But hope you guys hear soon!
Reply 21
Hey
Sorry to hear that!!
How did you hear, via email or did you log into my info?

Sorry again!
Original post by izbiety123
Hey
Sorry to hear that!!
How did you hear, via email or did you log into my info?

Sorry again!

Email! Then when I logged back into my info, it showed the application as 'closed'.

I honestly didn't even think there might be a chance my degree wouldn't pass the requirements. Because it's eligible at all the UK colleges I applied to, I guess the EU system is quite different. Anyway still waiting to hear back from the UK.

Best of luck to you!
Reply 23
Original post by callmeartemis
Email! Then when I logged back into my info, it showed the application as 'closed'.

I honestly didn't even think there might be a chance my degree wouldn't pass the requirements. Because it's eligible at all the UK colleges I applied to, I guess the EU system is quite different. Anyway still waiting to hear back from the UK.

Best of luck to you!

Sorry to hear that!!

I’ve applied to a few universities in Berlin and one in Holland last year and didn’t get in, so I doubt I’ll get in this year!

Good luck to the UK unis!
Sorry to hear that!!

I’ve applied to a few universities in Berlin and one in Holland last year and didn’t get in, so I doubt I’ll get in this year!

Good luck to the UK unis!

Thank you! Where are you applying from?
Reply 25
Thank you! Where are you applying from?

im applying from the UK! What about you?
Hello! I also applied to the New Media and Digital Cultures master, currently in my 10th week of waiting for an admission decision. How long did it take for people to get a reply from the University?
Reply 27
Original post by eleectrica
Hello! I also applied to the New Media and Digital Cultures master, currently in my 10th week of waiting for an admission decision. How long did it take for people to get a reply from the University?

I’m in my eighth week and I applied for archiving and information studies. So not sure how they process things. I think it depends on the department
Original post by eleectrica

Hey! I got an offer on the 9th of April and I applied on the 3rd of March for New Media and Digital Culture.
Original post by Odette_Jameson
Hey! I got an offer on the 9th of April and I applied on the 3rd of March for New Media and Digital Culture.

Wow congrats!! Hopefully I will receive a reply soon, although this waiting time is making me awfully anxious :frown:. Can I ask what your educational background is?
I’m in my eighth week and I applied for archiving and information studies. So not sure how they process things. I think it depends on the department

Today marks exactly 8 weeks for me-- when I was told I would know by today. Anything yet?!
Reply 31
Original post by honoragibbons
Today marks exactly 8 weeks for me-- when I was told I would know by today. Anything yet?!

I’m the exact same ! I thought we’d know by today!
I’m the exact same ! I thought we’d know by today!

Yeah, I was counting on today being the day. Anxiety pretty much through the roof now!
Reply 33
Yeah, I was counting on today being the day. Anxiety pretty much through the roof now!

I tried calling and couldn't get through! And I need to respond to another Uni! Don't know what to do!
I tried calling and couldn't get through! And I need to respond to another Uni! Don't know what to do!

Same! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything on my end.
Reply 35
Same! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything on my end.

ditto!
Reply 36
Hey guys, I received a rejection today (yikes). They said my international degree doesn't meet the requirements when you convert to Dutch equivalents. Sucks for me. But hope you guys hear soon!

Hey, really sorry to hear this. Have you inquired if there's a pre-master's program you could apply for to make up for what they consider "equivalence"? This could give you an advantage if you are planning to apply again. I have no clue if they offer this option in UvA, but I truly believe they should. That should be fair.
I haven't received an answer yet, so I'm suspecting I'm gonna get a rejection soon, too. On the bright side of matters, I got accepted in Leiden and Utrecht.

In any case, I wish you best of luck for the answers from the UK. Greater and better things are coming your way for sure.
Reply 37
Hi all I got an offer for Politics and External Relations, anyone else? :smile:
Reply 38
Woo, just got an offer for archival and info studies. Anyone else?
Woo, just got an offer for archival and info studies. Anyone else?

Ugh still no word! Did you receive word at a specific time or fairly random?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending