The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Basically its coursework, you either have to design a website or a database.
hope that helps!
Reply 2
A project can be in most programs its your head of the ICT department choice which program you do in e.g. at AS i did a spreadsheet and this year im doing a database
Reply 3
Im in my A level year now, just done AS ICT double award , its ALOT of work mate, you need to be commited to it, some modules are great but others like spreadsheets and databases really drag.
Just finished my first year at AS ICT. It was such a pain! The coursework took ages, and the exams are not easy. I came out of the exam feeling confident, however the exam result(s) were D's :rolleyes:

I dont have much of a choice, I must continue to my second year if I want to go to University, (otherwise I will not have 3 A Levels). As expected, A2 is twice as hard...

If I could turn back the time, I would of never NEVER chosen ICT, and would of done something useful, like Physics.

Anyway the project will be a Excel project, or at least it was for me. Apparently the spec has totally changed, so your year will be completly different to mine. From what my ICT teacher told me, AS ICT has gotten harder, so I should consider myself lucky.

Anyway, if you have a decent ICT teacher, you should be explained all about your project, and given previous examples. (If there are any)
Reply 5
I'm doing ICT too, and I'm finding it quite boring, since it's a bit of a watered-down version of the IGCSE Computing I did last year. Plus, it seems like it's not exactly easy to get great marks even if you're great at it. The only other option for me is switching to S1 Maths and taking Sociology instead of ICT.

The project doesn't seem too difficult - it's supposed to be only about 35 pages. Just take a company, interview them, and design a system based on a task that they do manually. There are lots of steps, interviews, background of the company, etc. AQA website > New GCEs > ICT > Teacher Resource Bank > Database Sample (or something like that).
Op, firstly look at AQA website search for ICT spec.

Project consists of:
Analysis
Specification (Interwined with Analysis I think)
Design
Implementation
Evaluation
Userguide

In AS we used Excel mainly because it is simpler, and in A2 we used all functions of Access.

In AS I based my project on Girls' Brigade membership system.
In A2 I based my project on School Library system as I had to get real documentation :yep:

Both years I got an A in coursework (and in both years an A grade overall).

Just follow the specification to the letter and you will get good marks :yep:
Good luck!
I guess expect to use some code so look up about this.

Your AS ICT coursework should be around 150pages whilst your A2 around double that figure. :biggrin:
Reply 8
150 pages? Is that the old spec?
jink
150 pages? Is that the old spec?

Yes, it was in 2007 AS.
Reply 10
tradingmyheartforyours
Yes, it was in 2007 AS.
I think they changed it this year, we have to do a short project which we bring to our exam and answer questions on.

My ICT teacher is letting someone in my class just use a project he did last year for Computing:s-smilie:
Reply 11
---
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Anyone? :tongue:
Reply 13
Well, wouldn't it be easier to do 4 ASs than 3 A2s and 1 AS?
jink
Well, wouldn't it be easier to do 4 ASs than 3 A2s and 1 AS?

Not necessarily...I done 4 AS's last year, but couldn't cope. This year I'm doing 3 Alevels and an AS, and so far everything is going smoothly. As an AS student I was still adapting to the change from GCSE--->AS and also from a secondary school--->college. I do agree with you though, it would be easier to do 4 AS's and then do 3 A2's the following year, but it all depends on the situation.
Reply 15
I have just started university and some lecturers state that at A Level ICT the teachers write a document about Professor Michael Porter and his 5 forces analysis. Some of my lecturers have asked me to get this document they write and to keep this as it is to help you in your degree and I have not done A level ICT. The lecturers state that they title this document "Business Information technology". Is it possible for somnebody to email me this attachment to the following email address - [email protected]

Thanks
Reply 16
When i did my first year i was duing ict, howver in my second year the course changed to ict applied which is alot easier but verrrry time consuming, i had to create a database using access and this year im doing spreadsheets, but the thing is the exams are easy granted they last for like 15 hours at as and at 20 for a2 but there dead easy.
I did AS Level ICT (AQA) last year and now doing the A2. I have to agree it is very time consuming and AS Level did stress me out with the amount of coursework we had to do. But if you plan it and stick at it you will end up with a good grade at the end of it. :biggrin:

Latest