The Student Room Group

I messed up when applying to a university choice.

I applied to the University of Nottingham for Computer Science.

Upon checking the entry requirements again today, I noticed that it said that "A Level ICT or IT is excluded from the lower level". I don't know what this means exactly but the problem is that I do IT with an A predicted.

However, I also do A Level in Computer Science with an A predicted.

There's nothing I can do though since the UCAS deadline has passed.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by arandolmsdudj
I applied to the University of Nottingham for Computer Science.

Upon checking the entry requirements again today, I noticed that it said that
Reply 2
My guess it that it refers to the reduced offer (AAA rather than A* AA) if you have CS or Computing A level. I think they don't regard ICT as being of the same applicability as CS A level when considering someone for the reduced offer.

As you also do CS A level probably a non issue unless they don't like ICT and CS A levels as a combination.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
My guess it that it refers to the reduced offer (AAA rather than A* AA) if you have CS or Computing A level. I think they don't regard ICT as being of the same applicability as CS A level when considering someone for the reduced offer.

As you also do CS A level probably a non issue unless they don't like ICT and CS A levels as a combination.

The reduced offer criteria was that you had to have an A in Computer, which I do. When checking my postcode it said I was eligible for a contextual offer. My predicted grades were AB + A in IT. So I thought I would meet the contextual offer requirements of AAB.

I really don't know what to do now. Any advice?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
I think you need to check this link https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/contextual-offers.aspx to see if you are eligible for contextual offers.
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
I think you need to check this link https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/contextual-offers.aspx to see if you are eligible for contextual offers.

Yep, I am.

Let’s just hope for the best.

Thanks for your help, means a lot.
Reply 6
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending