The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

ECA

has anyone heard back from ECA yet?
I submitted my application at the end of last year and submitted my portfolio before their given deadline (i forgot the date exactly haha) but still haven't heard from them yet...
I applied for their Illustration BA course and im really really hoping to get in, but it seems quite difficult...? does anyone know the class size or offer rate, cuz I saw a comment on student room about how they only accepted 20 students or something one year and i was super confused, but then that comment was from 6 years ago so idk how accurate that is haha ...
Hi, I received my offer for MA Design for Change last week :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
has anyone heard back from ECA yet?
I submitted my application at the end of last year and submitted my portfolio before their given deadline (i forgot the date exactly haha) but still haven't heard from them yet...
I applied for their Illustration BA course and im really really hoping to get in, but it seems quite difficult...? does anyone know the class size or offer rate, cuz I saw a comment on student room about how they only accepted 20 students or something one year and i was super confused, but then that comment was from 6 years ago so idk how accurate that is haha ...

I studied product design at ECA and was there from 2016-2019 and there were 12 of us in my year, I know for other courses it is slightly bigger but I would say that was definitely on the smaller end if the scale. I remember them saying around 1,000 people applied for the course.
I did a couple days at ECA shadowing a student and their classes are all around 16 people I think? I'm still waiting to hear anything (I applied for the ma fine art course) :smile:
Sent in my portfolio on April 8th (submitted my initial application on Feb 22nd - don't ask why it took so long). Just got an update and my application was unsuccessful based on my portfolio. I'm nervous for the other schools I'm applying to, what if I'm not up to par. I applied for the MA Illustration.
If it helps, I'm in a chat with a number of people all applying to Edinburgh art courses, who applied in December, and none of us have heard back yet! They've given themselves a deadline of 'most applications responded to by end of April', so hopefully not too much longer!
Original post by charlieexxx
Hi, I received my offer for MA Design for Change last week :smile:

Hi! May i ask what you did for your undergrad and what type of artwork you included in your portfolio - i was thinking of applying to this next year :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! May i ask what you did for your undergrad and what type of artwork you included in your portfolio - i was thinking of applying to this next year :biggrin:

Hi! Sorry for the late reply! My undergrad course was communication design. The projects I included ranged from graphic design over interaction action design to tactile design. It was very diverse. But I honestly think the type of projects don’t matter. The most important thing is to show your passion and engagement.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending