The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh College of Art second year

Hi! has anyone applied to/received offers for second year entry at any of the ECA courses this year? I’ve got an unconditional for fashion second year entry, just trying to find other people who’ll be starting this year/attending the offer holder day
Original post by mothdoll
Hi! has anyone applied to/received offers for second year entry at any of the ECA courses this year? I’ve got an unconditional for fashion second year entry, just trying to find other people who’ll be starting this year/attending the offer holder day

Hi! i've got an offer to go there this September starting second year, but i need a merit on my foundation to go there. I was wondering if you know if its possible to still get in if i only achieve a pass, as i'm on the UAL foundation where its much harder to achieve a merit.
Desperately want to go to Edinburgh next year so any advice would be a godsend xx
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by B1bag0ymer
Hi! i've got an offer to go there this September starting second year, but i need a merit on my foundation to go there. I was wondering if you know if its possible to still get in if i only achieve a pass, as i'm on the UAL foundation where its much harder to achieve a merit.
Desperately want to go to Edinburgh next year so any advice would be a godsend xx

Hi! I just replied to your post on another thread before seeing this, I’m not very knowledgeable on the UAL foundation, what is the criteria for a merit vs a pass?? I’d say just aim as high as possible as I know spaces at edinburgh are limited so I couldn’t say for definite if they’ll be okay with a lower grade, hope all goes well though !
Original post by mothdoll
Hi! I just replied to your post on another thread before seeing this, I’m not very knowledgeable on the UAL foundation, what is the criteria for a merit vs a pass?? I’d say just aim as high as possible as I know spaces at edinburgh are limited so I couldn’t say for definite if they’ll be okay with a lower grade, hope all goes well though !

Thankyou for your replies! Its all about planning and process and a lot on writing, but each criteria is marked from fail to distinction and even if I got distinction on all points but a pass on one I would get a pass overall. Trying my very best tho aha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending