The Student Room Group

IPhone or Android - Which is better?

Personally, I'd say Android since there are a few things you can do which are forbidden on IPhones.
Reply 1
I've got an android and think Iphones are great.
Both have their advantages.

Android has unparalleled flexibility from both a hardware and software perspective, with dozens of brands producing hundreds of models at every price point, size, and prioritising different features each year, so there's always something to suit each buyer. This level of competition within the ecosystem also drives innovation and pushes prices down a lot quicker than iPhones, whether that's premium features bleeding into lower end phones, or faster depreciation. On the software side you have almost infinite scope for customisation, the ability to set default apps, control system behaviour, and download/install apps from numerous sources including just straight-up acquiring and installing files off the internet.

On the Apple side of things, you're getting seamless integration to an unparalleled ecosystem, guaranteed consistency between generations, the assurance of high caliber hardware, unrivalled longevity and software support, top tier camera systems with the absolute best combination of photo and video of any manufacturer right now, and a high-street presence for tech support that inspires confidence among regular consumers.
Both have advantages.

I'd have to say Android though, it's more open, there's more customisation, you get a lot of hardware choice and, in some cases, better hardware (not neccecarily CPU/GPU, can be speakers, charging capabilities, etc...) due to the fact your options come from a variety of manufacturers rather than a single one.

I know that's not technically something to do with Android but it's part of the choice that has to be taken into account. Like, if you choose iOS you have to deal with the fact that you get whatever hardware Apple thinks you need. Whereas choosing Android, if you want top end specs but don't care about these mind-bending fast charging speeds, you can get a phone from Sony. Want something that charges quickly wirelessly? Head over to Xiaomi. Want a folding phone? Try Samsung. Want a phone on a budget? Plenty of options out there.

E- Just realised it says iPhone or Android and not iOS or Android, so it probably means iPhones vs Android phones... So uhhh... Kinda ignore the parts where I'm like 'oh, these things matter even though it's nothing to do with the software'. The points that follow them still matter though
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
IPhone is cool but once you forget your icloud ID when your phone needs activation, you're so dead. Too much confidential, I'd say. Not to mention, it has expire date after which it'd constantly crash and takes away the features so you gotta update it always even if you like your current versions. Asdfghjkl. However, Apple's special and always going to be my first choice. But nonetheless, I'd prefer android for easy access and everyday use!
Original post by Abeer37
IPhone is cool but once you forget your icloud ID when your phone needs activation, you're so dead. Too much confidential, I'd say. Not to mention, it has expire date after which it'd constantly crash and takes away the features so you gotta update it always even if you like your current versions. Asdfghjkl. However, Apple's special and always going to be my first choice. But nonetheless, I'd prefer android for easy access and everyday use!

This is bizarrely wrong :lolwut:
Personally I'd say iPhones. They have amazing build quality, the software is so intuitive and its part of a well thought out ecosystem that makes the end users life easier
Android if you wanna download anything and everything
Iphones for the best security!
Here are some factors to consider:

User interface: Both iPhone and Android have intuitive user interfaces, but they look and feel different. Some users prefer the clean and simple interface of the iPhone, while others prefer the customization options and widgets available on Android.

App selection: Both platforms have large app stores with a wide range of apps available. However, some apps may be exclusive to one platform or may be available on one platform before the other.

Hardware: Apple designs both the hardware and software for iPhones, which can result in a more seamless user experience. On the other hand, Android is used by a wide range of manufacturers, which can result in more variety in terms of hardware features and price points.

Privacy and security: Both platforms have security features to protect user data, but they approach privacy and security differently. Apple prioritizes user privacy and has a closed ecosystem, while Android is more open and allows for more customization but may have more potential vulnerabilities.

Ultimately, the decision between iPhone and Android comes down to personal preferences and needs. It's a good idea to research both options and try them out in person before making a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending