The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea university accommodation

I’m hoping to start at Swansea university next year my course is at singleton campus however the accommodation at bay campus looks better, how far away is bay campus from singleton and is it easily commutable?
It is quite a far walk but there are buses from the bay campus to singleton, I think it's around every 20/30 minutes. The bay campus accommodation is much better than the Singleton one, there are many students who live in bay campus but their course is in Singleton, plus there is a mini Tescos in bay which closes at 10pm which is quite efficient.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I’m hoping to start at Swansea university next year my course is at singleton campus however the accommodation at bay campus looks better, how far away is bay campus from singleton and is it easily commutable?

It is a hell of a walk approx 5 miles. There are regular buses which take about 1/2 hour. Before this year there was a 24 hour service running every 20 minute through the day and hourly through the night. However they have changed the buses this year and I dont know what will happen in September. There used to be a direct campus to campus bus took 20 minutes run half hourly. This year the quickest bus took 1/2 hour ran past the major private accommodation blocks, the railway station and through the city centre. I dont think anyone can say what the situation will be in September

Quick Reply

Latest