The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

university of sussex

Hi, I've firmed University of Sussex and currently looking at accommodation. Ive been looking at Lewes Court as a first choice accommodation and have a few questions, whats the social life like? how are the rooms in terms of size and comfort? is it easily accessible to other accommodations buildings, shops, Brighton centre etc? Appreciate any help!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've firmed University of Sussex and currently looking at accommodation. Ive been looking at Lewes Court as a first choice accommodation and have a few questions, whats the social life like? how are the rooms in terms of size and comfort? is it easily accessible to other accommodations buildings, shops, Brighton centre etc? Appreciate any help!!

Hi there! :smile: I myself haven't lived in Lewes Court so can't answer your first few questions about what it's like staying in there, but I can certainly help with the others. In terms of being accessible to other accommodation buildings, Lewes Court is slightly more on the outskirts of campus but I say slightly since you are still close to several. Northfield is literally just up the stairs about a minute's walk away from Lewes Court, Park Village is a few minutes away and so is Brighthelm. The uni has its own co-op on campus which I'd say is about 5 minutes away and the library is about 5-10 mins. So you'll definitely be well located on campus if you live in Lewes Court with other halls of residence as well as other facilities.

In terms of access to Brighton centre, there's a bus stop in front of Lewes Court near the steps to Northfield as mentioned earlier, which is very conveniently placed. I'm not 100% sure how active this bus stop is but it is possible to go to Brighton straight from here. One of the more busy bus stops on campus however, North South Road, is only around a 5 minute walk away from Lewes Court and buses come very regularly through here which can take you into town.

I realise I haven't been able to answer all your queries but I hope this has still helped!

- Isthiak (BA History with Proficiency in Arabic, with a Professional Placement Year)
(edited 3 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous

Hello, thank you for your question.

Myself, I am currently living in Lewes Court (en-suite accommodation). Having lived in Northfield, and Kent House before, I would say that Lewes Court has been my favourite flat type, thus far. The rooms are more spacious than Northfield ones, despite the price being lower. The bathroom is on the smaller side (relative to Northfield ones), but I did not find it to be a problem. In terms of room decor, you get plenty of wardrobe space, large desk and fair bit of storage space. In terms of social life, it has been a bit different, than in past years, due to Covid-related restrictions. However, I have certainly managed to establish a few good friendships with some of my flat-mates/neighbours. Plus, generally- speaking, making social connections is unlikely to be a problem, no matter what accommodation you choose to live in.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad).
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending