The Student Room Group

Need to do higher certificate before degree confused on student finance wales

Guys I need help😩😩 I want to do my social work degree (I'm in wales) but as I'll be an independent student, first I'll need to do the Certificate of Higher Education in Social Care Practice (Wales) It'll be through the open University and part time the certificate will take 2 years and then the degree 4 as I can skip to stage 2 BUT.... FINANCE😩😩 apparently I will only be funded for the certificate as its 2 seperate courses and they won't fund for a second course. Is this true? I thought it would be pretty straight forward but now I haven't got a clue what I need to do😭 I NEED to do the certificate first or there's no way I could get onto the degree😩 I've looked at this all ways and every time I'm coming out lost so a fresh pair of eyes to see what else I could DO, to do my degree and get SFW would really be appreciated ❤️ Or has anybody been in my boat and what was the outcome? HELP😩😩😂
Can you link to the course details for both the courses that you’re hoping to study?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Can you link to the course details for both the courses that you’re hoping to study?

Hi yes it's the http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/social-work/degrees/ba-social-work-wales-q42

But because I'm an independent student it says I have to do the certificate first

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending