The Student Room Group

Radiant Islamic reminders 💚

Scroll to see replies

speaking of which, i'm starving lol
Original post by Wise Goldie
my mum work in nhs and she said alot of the muslims there have Christmas day and buy presents and stuff just dont celebrate it if that makes sense i mean my family are really atheist but we celebrate Christmas ................i hope that makes sense:frown:

Yea I get you, it's more of a cultural than a religious thing nowadays. But as Muslims we aren't allowed to support any days except the days of Eid (Eid Al-Adha, Eid Al-Fitr, and every Friday is an Eid). When I give gifts I make sure it's as a general thing rather than on a specific day anyway, because it feels more special rather than a forced thing
sabr.jpg
Like iftar hehe
woah are all you guys Muslim? XD
Original post by The Quotearian
In other words, what's that? :confused:

Ramadan is when Muslims fast for 30 days from sunrise to sunset and it is a time for reflection and increased worship- hope that helped :h:
Original post by Justaboutalive
lool apparently it rumbles after you eat because that is digestive noises haha

I think it's the wall of the stomach rubbing against itself so that could apply to when food is being digested and when there isn't any food to support the stomach walls so they rub.

Spoiler

Yeah i get you, we are just careful tbh:h:

enjoy haha
me too i'm a foodie lmao

yes pasta is one of my favs:smile:
Original post by Cıllıan
Yea I get you, it's more of a cultural than a religious thing nowadays. But as Muslims we aren't allowed to support any days except the days of Eid (Eid Al-Adha, Eid Al-Fitr, and every Friday is an Eid). When I give gifts I make sure it's as a general thing rather than on a specific day anyway, because it feels more special rather than a forced thing

i only have christmas for the present anyway lol

i might have eid(do you give presents lol):smile:

i hope you have a great eid cillian:biggrin:
What does Science Say about Fasting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVam7HPYsYY
Its very healthy for the body alhamudilah.
(Provided that we don't eat junk for iftar)
Original post by Rufus the red
I think it's the wall of the stomach rubbing against itself so that could apply to when food is being digested and when there isn't any food to support the stomach walls so they rub.

Spoiler

Haha welcome to postt
Ah that makes sense, i knew i heard it before but my memory is old and rusty as does happen with age you know?:biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Ramadan is when Muslims fast for 30 days from sunrise to sunset and it is a time for reflection and increased worship- hope that helped :h:

Right, I see. I have never heard of it today, probably because I am from the UK.
Original post by Loganh
Salaam all How's everyone x

All good alhamdulilah, how are you?
Original post by Rufus the red

Spoiler

you celebrate the god of the foxes:biggrin:
Original post by Loganh
Salaam all How's everyone x

Salamss! How are you, am well here! x
Reply 93
Salamss! How are you, am well here! x

I'm good, what about you, liking your username haha
enrich.jpg
ooh love this!
9B45EBFB-A687-41E7-B054-7631F504BB8E.jpegSo true ❤️
(edited 3 years ago)
Right, I see. I have never heard of it today, probably because I am from the UK.

I think most of us here are from the uk but hey you learn something new everyday :smile:
What is everyone looking forward to the most in Ramadan :groovy:
Reply 99
Original post by Wise Goldie
i might have eid(do you give presents lol):smile:

We do! However, it's the feast, the gatherings and the morning prayers that take centre-stage on Eid. The mosques are usually very full at sunrise on Eid and some people even have to pray outside the mosque because there's no space (though it's unlikely that this will happen this year, sadly). Some people like to give some of the food prepared for the meal to neighbours or people who need it. We also wear new clothes and shower/bathe.

Most of us on this thread and this site live in the UK. :smile: It's quite a diverse country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending