The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

East London to Sussex commute by train

Hello friends,
I currently hold offer letters from two universities, one in London and the other in Sussex. As my wife is living in London, I have to manage accommodation in London. I would like to know if it is possible to commute from East London to university of Sussex 2-3 days a week to attend classes. As a foreign national, I don't have much ideas about the train system and fare. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Original post by mahedy94hasan
Hello friends,
I currently hold offer letters from two universities, one in London and the other in Sussex. As my wife is living in London, I have to manage accommodation in London. I would like to know if it is possible to commute from East London to university of Sussex 2-3 days a week to attend classes. As a foreign national, I don't have much ideas about the train system and fare. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Honestly not that bad. I live in Brighton and Hove so quite close to Sussex and I go to a London uni. I travel to uni by train and I assume our journeys will be similar. Since u will only have to travel 2 or 3 days it's not bad at all. I would say 2-2.5 hours there and 2-2.5 hours back roughly. Depending on the uni prestige of the London uni u might find Sussex to be a better idea. At the end of the day which uni looks better on paper to an employer. Also, it's just an underground or railway (overground) trip to a London main railway station I.e. London Victoria or London bridges. Then from there to Sussex area is most likely gonna be 1 train or 2 max. There after u may need to walk or bus it
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Honestly not that bad. I live in Brighton and Hove so quite close to Sussex and I go to a London uni. I travel to uni by train and I assume our journeys will be similar. Since u will only have to travel 2 or 3 days it's not bad at all. I would say 2-2.5 hours there and 2-2.5 hours back roughly. Depending on the uni prestige of the London uni u might find Sussex to be a better idea. At the end of the day which uni looks better on paper to an employer. Also, it's just an underground or railway (overground) trip to a London main railway station I.e. London Victoria or London bridges. Then from there to Sussex area is most likely gonna be 1 train or 2 max. There after u may need to walk or bus it

Thank you so much for the detailed response. In case I plan to find accommodation somewhere in the middle of East London and Brighton, where would you suggest me to look into? I don't want to consider Croydon considering its crime rates. And obviously, my primary target would be to get to university in an hour and also get to East London in an hour or so. Hence, accommodation closest to the train station would be preferred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending