The Student Room Group

ARU medicine apprenticeship information event

does anyone know where i can sign up up for the mandatory february information events for the september 2024 medicine apprenticeships? it says the form is not taking any respondes
Reply 1
Original post by ratutopia
does anyone know where i can sign up up for the mandatory february information events for the september 2024 medicine apprenticeships? it says the form is not taking any respondes

Maybe all the spaces have been filled up?
Reply 2

All the spaces have been filled because there are over 1000 applicants who meet the requirements that booked it.
You'd have to go to the June information evening for the next cycle

Hi there,

Anyone interested in this apprenticeship should contact: [email protected] (East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust) for further information.

Hope this helps,

Jemma
Reply 4
Original post by randomname1111
At the information session for the medicine apprenticeship, they said that you must also do your foundation post at ESNEFT. Is that possible for them to commit you to choosing there as your foundation post? Would you be unable to apply somewhere else, because I don’t see how they can 'force' you, but if someone could explain how they could, or couldn’t, please say.

Also, would your foundation post at ESNEFT affect you after you finish your foundation programme to work in London? Would you have a disadvantage or such for ST1 onwards in London?

tbh F1s in general do not have complete freedom of where they work, they can have preference yes but it all depends on availability so a lot will have to commute.

And yes they can choose where you work because in the info booklet they did specify that foundation doctors work in ESNEFT. Whether you choose to proceed to apply knowing this, is your choice. However in future application cycles, there could potentially be more freedom of location. Afterall, they are paying a significant amount for only 13 weeks of work (and for your tuition fees) therefore it makes sense that you are bound to working for ESNEFT in foundation years.

I don't think it would act as disadvantage for working in London later on though. It says in the booklet you can choose location after foundation training
Original post by zahzah05
All the spaces have been filled because there are over 1000 applicants who meet the requirements that booked it.
You'd have to go to the June information evening for the next cycle

when do we receive information about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending