The Student Room Group

Putting Spring Weeks on CV

Where would you put a spring week on a CV? This was a general week long one for non-finance students, covering multiple sectors of finance along with case studies, networking sessions and interactive activities. they had a cv session at the end and made it sound as if it counted as experience, but it's not like we really did any actual work.

I'll be applying for Summer Internships and obviously don't want to overstep and make it sound as something it wasn't, even though all spring weeks are virtually identical so the banks I'd be applying to would know exactly what I meant.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated
I've seen most people put them in Work Experience tbh. If you don't feel that's correct, put it in "Other experience"
Reply 2
yes that's what I thought, just didn't really wanna overstep the mark and fake it as something it wasn't. Just need to figure out how to word what I want to put down
Original post by czardasz
yes that's what I thought, just didn't really wanna overstep the mark and fake it as something it wasn't. Just need to figure out how to word what I want to put down

All you have to put down is the title of the "job"/experience and what you achieved. You don't and shouldn't be describing it to them. Everything in a CV should be about what you've personally and specifically achieved or contributed to a role.
Reply 4
Can someone give an example?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending