The Student Room Group

getting rejected from tech spring weeks and it hurts

So im currently a first year computer science student at uob but im applying to all these spring weeks and getting rejected quite a lot and it is very demotivating. is there any tips or advice someone can give me to improve my cv, cover letters etc? I would really appreciate this advice!
Original post by ashpritgcse2020
So im currently a first year computer science student at uob but im applying to all these spring weeks and getting rejected quite a lot and it is very demotivating. is there any tips or advice someone can give me to improve my cv, cover letters etc? I would really appreciate this advice!

If I could ask, Which ones have you been rejected by already?
Original post by Limpwand09
If I could ask, Which ones have you been rejected by already?

palantir jane street and goldman sachs
Original post by ashpritgcse2020
palantir jane street and goldman sachs

How do you know if you’ve been rejected from the Goldman Sachs Spring Insight? Is it an email sent?
(edited 4 months ago)
Regarding your question, in my opinion, it is all luck based as you and many other applicants will be highly qualified and therefore it is very hard to differentiate between candidates. For the ones you applied to, I know Goldman is just a CV and motivational statement and therefore it is going to be as competitive than spring weeks that have online assessments and video interviews which I think are much better to showcase your skills. So don’t worry about it. You’re going to expect rejections and maybe only get 1 or 2 offers.

Just keep advancing with your CV getting projects done and doing work experience and with cover letters, make sure it is tailored to the company so that it’s not generic. If you have online assessments and interviews, practice tons of questions and do mock interviews. If you perform well in those, it will definitely increase your chances.

Good luck 👍
Original post by Limpwand09
How do you know if you’ve been rejected from the Goldman Sachs Spring Insight? Is it an email sent?

yea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending