The Student Room Group

explore learning work

Hi, I've been thinking of applying to work as a tutor at explore learning- and I have just received an email asking me to complete a test. The problem is that I have less than a month left til I have to leave for my second year at uni and unfortunately I have just been going through some financial situations which make it impossible to keep coming back and teaching. There aren't any nearby centres to my uni as its 2 hours away by train- the amount I'd get paid isn't worth the travel costs. Would they be willing to give me a virtual job when I go bak to uni.
Thanks
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I have to submit my test and video interview by the 07/08/2023 just incase this helps
Reply 2
Original post by coffee alert
Hi, I've been thinking of applying to work as a tutor at explore learning- and I have just received an email asking me to complete a test. The problem is that I have less than a month left til I have to leave for my second year at uni and unfortunately I have just been going through some financial situations which make it impossible to keep coming back and teaching. There aren't any nearby centres to my uni as its 2 hours away by train- the amount I'd get paid isn't worth the travel costs. Would they be willing to give me a virtual job when I go bak to uni.
Thanks

when applying did you go for the in centre or online role? I think the online role would suit you more but you will still have to submit the test and video interview I think. I work in centre but cover online sometimes
Reply 3
I applied for the centre one- I don't know if there was an option to apply for the online tutoring but I do remember ticking a box saying I'm happy to work online- since I haven't done any of the tests or interviews yet, hopefully I get through to tutoring so this post is more of a if I do get accepted
Reply 4
Original post by coffee alert
I applied for the centre one- I don't know if there was an option to apply for the online tutoring but I do remember ticking a box saying I'm happy to work online- since I haven't done any of the tests or interviews yet, hopefully I get through to tutoring so this post is more of a if I do get accepted

I think you should be fine to get an online job if you do get accepted. You will probably have to bring it up in your interview or with your manager though. My manager is very nice so is flexible between online and in centre not sure about other places though.
Reply 5
Thank you for your advice! I'll definitely mention it in my interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending