The Student Room Group

tutoring at explore learning

Hi, I've been thinking of applying to work as a tutor at explore learning- and I have just received an email asking me to complete a test. The problem is that I have less than a month left til I have to leave for my second year at uni and unfortunately I have just been going through some financial situations which make it impossible to keep coming back and teaching. There aren't any nearby centres to my uni as its 2 hours away by train- the amount I'd get paid isn't worth the travel costs. Would they be willing to give me a virtual job when I go back to uni.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by coffee alert
Hi, I've been thinking of applying to work as a tutor at explore learning- and I have just received an email asking me to complete a test. The problem is that I have less than a month left til I have to leave for my second year at uni and unfortunately I have just been going through some financial situations which make it impossible to keep coming back and teaching. There aren't any nearby centres to my uni as its 2 hours away by train- the amount I'd get paid isn't worth the travel costs. Would they be willing to give me a virtual job when I go back to uni.
Thanks

I have worked a a health and social care tutor for a while and obviously during COVID we weren't able to go and see the students, so alot of these visits were carried out virtually, we used teams and Skype mostly to do them. Training companies that i have worked for have tended to be flexible with other commitments i have had so maybe it would be a good idea to call them and explain the situation you have and they may be in a position to support you, either with part time hours ect. Hope this helps and good luck
Thanks

im 18 and recently got a job as an online maths and English tutor for explore so I dont go in centre, just online. the vacancy I applied for was as an online tutor however I dont think there are any vacancies left for the online tutor role. you could contact them and explain your situation and ask if they could give you an online tutor role?
Reply 3
Thanks

HI, You could try becoming an online tutor with them or check out alternative companies like 'The Tutor Trust' and 'Get Further'. Alternatively you could try and look for other jobs that are online based I've heard 'Verbit Go' is a good option for a transcription job (subtitling videos) the work is remote and very very flexible. Check out Indeed, LinkedIn and directly look at the company websites for any of the other places you want to work; a lot of companies do offer remote/hybrid working option - I hope you can find something suitable for you. For the time being just take their test and see what happens - Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending