The Student Room Group

Inline skating/rollerblading!!!

Does any1 else here like to rollerblade? I just got my first pair since I was little :smile:

They r Impalas in the colour fairy floss I love them xoxo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes!! I do!! I'm obsessed (hence the username lol). What kind of skates are they? Inline or quad? Where do you skate? I'm so happy we have a new estate nearby and the paths are SO smooth lol.
Reply 2
Oh sorry you did say it was inline, my bad. I do inline too! :-)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Skatie
Yes!! I do!! I'm obsessed (hence the username lol). What kind of skates are they? Inline or quad? Where do you skate? I'm so happy we have a new estate nearby and the paths are SO smooth lol.

Hiii wow ur lucky u have smooth paths I go to a car park nearby which is nice bc it's kind of like an ice rink!! I went to my grandparent's house in Hastings the other day and skated along the promenade by the sea that was lovely
I like to roller blade and ice skate too, but i'm not too knowledgeable about any of it ahah.
Original post by Justaboutalive
I like to roller blade and ice skate too, but i'm not too knowledgeable about any of it ahah.

me neither I just started!!! I wanted to ice skate but all the ice rinks r closed and also the one closest I'd have to be driven too. I thought rollerblading was the closest thing
Original post by alicelilley
me neither I just started!!! I wanted to ice skate but all the ice rinks r closed and also the one closest I'd have to be driven too. I thought rollerblading was the closest thing

Oooh lol haha, i lovee ice skating and i've been waiting ages for the rinks to open too, tbh rollerblading is similar lol, but the beauty of ice skating is just a different kind of sensation!
Oooh lol haha, i lovee ice skating and i've been waiting ages for the rinks to open too, tbh rollerblading is similar lol, but the beauty of ice skating is just a different kind of sensation!

yess it just feels so free I've always loved it when we go for Christmas in London. Because it's so smooth as well rather than gravelly concrete
yess it just feels so free I've always loved it when we go for Christmas in London. Because it's so smooth as well rather than gravelly concrete

Exactlyyy and I'm from London too lol, It's not even that cold tbh, since the skating warms you right up!
Exactlyyy and I'm from London too lol, It's not even that cold tbh, since the skating warms you right up!

yes haha my mum always makes me wear a million layers but 5 minutes on the rink and I have to take them all off haha!!!

I really want to go to a proper ice rink so I can go as fast as I like without there being 200 children all falling over in front of me lol
yes haha my mum always makes me wear a million layers but 5 minutes on the rink and I have to take them all off haha!!!

I really want to go to a proper ice rink so I can go as fast as I like without there being 200 children all falling over in front of me lol

Haha mums are the same everywhere lol.
Ooh yes that would be lovely, i also want to develop my ice skating and learn new tricks but if there are children around i feel like i could hurt them by accidentt:frown:
Haha mums are the same everywhere lol.
Ooh yes that would be lovely, i also want to develop my ice skating and learn new tricks but if there are children around i feel like i could hurt them by accidentt:frown:

yes bahahha i always feel like I'm going to knock one over and tbh I could never forgive myself if I did that I'd feel so bad aaaa
yes bahahha i always feel like I'm going to knock one over and tbh I could never forgive myself if I did that I'd feel so bad aaaa

You know whattt once I was skating and some lil kid ran in front of me omgg I literally hugged him and picked him up just so he wouldn't go flying lmao. Felt like a stuntswoman😭😂
Reply 13
I love ice skating too 😆⛸
But same, too far away from a rink, and it's so expensive.

Lol at Halloween when I was younger I used to wear a glow in the dark ghost costume with black skates and leggings so it looked like I was gliding. 😂

Anyone tried roller rinks? They're so smooth and glidey. A lot of leisure centres have skating sessions as well, which are normally cheaper than ice rinks. I'm in Cambridgeshire and I volunteer at a club, teaching kids how to roller skate and do jumps and spins and stuff.😁
(edited 3 years ago)
bahaha ur younger self was a genius that's iconic

We don't have roller rinks around me :frown: The leisure centre near me does a roller disco but it's closed atm bc of COVID
That club sounds the best that must be amazing!!!
Yes
Hiiiiiiii! I rollerblade too! I have inlines and I skate in my estate as the paths are quite nice and there aren't many good parks for rollerblading near me.
I love skating! My university gym has a roller hockey rink so in the summers I like to go there and just **** about with a puck and my hockey skates. I'm a big ice hockey fan/player too. I moved a few years ago so no longer live near an ice rink, but when I lived in the Midwest I went skating every lunchtime at the rink and played on the ice hockey team too. It's so much fun and I really urge people to try it out if they haven't before. :biggrin:
Reply 18
only ice skating, which you learned by 5 years old. rollerblading is for the middle-class.
Reply 19
Original post by Sabertooth
I love skating! My university gym has a roller hockey rink so in the summers I like to go there and just **** about with a puck and my hockey skates. I'm a big ice hockey fan/player too. I moved a few years ago so no longer live near an ice rink, but when I lived in the Midwest I went skating every lunchtime at the rink and played on the ice hockey team too. It's so much fun and I really urge people to try it out if they haven't before. :biggrin:

I play roller hockey too! What university were you at?
I used to play ice, but the rink was really far away.

Quick Reply

Latest