The Student Room Group

Am I really bad ice skater? Please help

https://youtube.com/shorts/6DR5Ia8Uau0?si=seSC24EM8xfSaOuq

So for the first time in 15 years, (i’m 29) i’ve gone i’ve skating. I went last month also but was only on the ice for 3 minutes as I was late for my session so that wouldn’t really count i guess. But other than that i’ve not skated since I was like 14, i had in my entire childhood, maybe 7-10 ice skating sessions or so in total but was never a pro. I was actually really surprised how much much i enjoyed skating again as I had this irrational fear of it somewhat all these years even though i never fell very badly, I always used to see other people falling terribly and one time on an ice rink there was a very bad accident where someone accidentally skated on someone’s hand which further terrified me. But for some reason now the fear is gone. I was also not athletic at all growing up but from around 17 i began exercising very much and am now a lot more of an athletic person - i don’t know also if this has made it easier for me than before as i thought i would be totally unable to skate after so many years.

Am I still pretty awful? Do you think if i skated every week I could become pretty fast/confident? Towards the end of my session today i felt confident going at a much faster speed than I had expected and thankfully, didn’t fall today or last month either. I went alone (I know it’s a bit sad) so that’s why i was filming myself lol 😟
(edited 4 months ago)
bump
Not bad! :smile:
bump
Original post by melanocholy888
bump

No need to bump yet
bump
bump
https://youtube.com/shorts/6DR5Ia8Uau0?si=seSC24EM8xfSaOuq

So for the first time in 15 years, (i’m 29) i’ve gone i’ve skating. I went last month also but was only on the ice for 3 minutes as I was late for my session so that wouldn’t really count i guess. But other than that i’ve not skated since I was like 14, i had in my entire childhood, maybe 7-10 ice skating sessions or so in total but was never a pro. I was actually really surprised how much much i enjoyed skating again as I had this irrational fear of it somewhat all these years even though i never fell very badly, I always used to see other people falling terribly and one time on an ice rink there was a very bad accident where someone accidentally skated on someone’s hand which further terrified me. But for some reason now the fear is gone. I was also not athletic at all growing up but from around 17 i began exercising very much and am now a lot more of an athletic person - i don’t know also if this has made it easier for me than before as i thought i would be totally unable to skate after so many years.

Am I still pretty awful? Do you think if i skated every week I could become pretty fast/confident? Towards the end of my session today i felt confident going at a much faster speed than I had expected and thankfully, didn’t fall today or last month either. I went alone (I know it’s a bit sad) so that’s why i was filming myself lol 😟

I don't know much about skating but you're definitely better than I could be
bump

Please stop bumping.

Quick Reply

Latest