The Student Room Group

Does anyone know where I can get obstetrics/midwifery work experience?

Hi,

I'm looking for a work experience placement within the NHS where I could learn about midwifery or obstetrics & gynaecology (heavy focus on obstetrics). I want to be an ob-gyn in maternal fetal medicine and am looking for work experience or volunteer work in any medical environment.

Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Thanks.
I am applying for the upcoming cycle for midwifery. Tbh, finding work experience now is extremely hard at this moment, the only way I got some was by getting a job in a hospital through an agency. The job is nothing fancy just being a catering assistant on a maternity ward so I get to see midwives and doctors in action if you will on the job. I don't know how realistic that is to do for you in your situation. Normally, I would suggest care home voluntary work or something because it gives you the transferrable skills but again the pandemic. Not sure if thats helpful.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by zoe.nyaku
I am applying for the upcoming cycle for midwifery. Tbh, finding work experience now is extremely hard at this moment, the only way I got some was by getting a job in a hospital through an agency. The job is nothing fancy just being a catering assistant on a maternity ward so I get to see midwives and doctors in action if you will on the job. I don't know how realistic that is to do for you in your situation. Normally, I would suggest care home voluntary work or something because it gives you the transferrable skills but again the pandemic. Not sure if thats helpful.

Hello, sorry its been 2 years so you might not remember but what agency was it? Also how old were you when u did this??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending