The Student Room Group

New Science A-level C/W Help

Hi Every1

This is my first thread :shifty:

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone knows about the coursework involved. Our teachers are talking vaguely about qualitative/quantitative/evaluative tasks. I am doing the new ocr syllabus for Chemistry A , Biology and Physics.

Any help will be most appreciated

Reply 1
i don't do OCR :shifty:
Reply 2
lol kk.. kinda need people who know or are doing it...
but thanks
Reply 3
I'm doing OCR physics and biology. Chemistry is with edexcel. But Yeah you do three sets of qualitative, quantitative and evaluative PRACTICALS. These are practicals and not coursework by the way. Qualitative is worth 10 marks, quantitative is worth 10 marks and evaluative is worth 20 marks. In total this practical module is worth 20 percent. They choose the best combinations of qualitative, quantitative and evaluative to make up a total mark out of 40.
Reply 4
Ok right.. Have you done any. So far our school has done a quantitative piece and i didn't do particularly well (6/10). Have you done any so far for either physics or biology?
Reply 5
yeah did my qualitative for biology and got an 8/10 for it.
Reply 6
Ok right.
What was your topic and what kind of questions did you do?
Reply 7
i'm doing salters but i don't have a clue about coursework!

i asked my teacher the other day though, coz my coursework let me down so much the year before, but she said it would be ok as there is only 4 questions to answer or something like that

(erm...don't think i'm being very helpful lol)
Reply 8
lol hmmm
I know! me as-well, coursework makes me loose too many easy marks..
ive just started AS level and when it comes to coursework they say that they not allowed 2 say anything. Im soo totally confused dont even know how to prepare :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending