The Student Room Group

The Big Interviews and Offers Thread 2009/10 (with chat)

So interviews are being handed out already for 2009 entry (and deferred entry).

In order to avoid the inevitable clogging up of the forum by individual threads of glee, please post news of your offers and interview invitations here. :smile:

This thread is for posting whether you have an offer or an interview only. Discussions of the whole application process including your celebrations, dilemmas and consolations go here.

When
Medical School:
Interview Date:
Comment:

When
Medical School:
Interview Date:
Offer Date:
Offer Conditions:
Comment:

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Interviews
MHMQ786 – Birmingham – 24th October
lotusx – Birmingham – 27th October
b9muslove – Birmingham – 29th October
blobbob - Birmingham - 29th October
hoodle15 - King's - 5th November
ADREAM - Manchester - 6th November
scaryhair - BSMS - 8th November
blobbob - King's (GKT) - 10th November
badger stripes - Liverpool - 10th November
Screenname - Liverpool - 11th November
-42- - St Andrew's (Bute) - 12th November
b9muslove - St George's - 13th November
Bobzilla123 - Liverpool - 13th November
anonymity007 - Liverpool - 15th November (approx)
OriginofSymmetry - Aberdeen - 18th November
Dutchess of Doncaster - St George's - 18th November
ey_yw - Cambridge (Christ's) - 18th November
Chicko 1001 - Aberdeen - 19th November
gm88- Southampton - 15th January
FFCrusader - St George's - 9th February
Bobzilla123 - Manchester - TBA

Offers

Scroll to see replies

Good luck guys :biggrin:
Reply 2
DrDomDom
Are we including reserve choices in this too?

I wouldn't.
Reply 3
graemematt
Good luck guys :biggrin:

Not too long ago we were all pre freshers :cool: . Nice to see the TSR cohort doing well :biggrin: How are you finding it btw?
Reply 4
OMG has anyone actually got an interview yet?!!
Reply 5
Sho-Man
OMG has anyone actually got an interview yet?!!

couple of people with bham interviews.
Reply 6
when is the norm for most interviews/offers?
Reply 7
Odhran
when is the norm for most interviews/offers?

November-May. Early days yet.
i e-mailed liverpool, they say they begin interviewing on the 10th of November........
Reply 9
badger stripes
i e-mailed liverpool, they say they begin interviewing on the 10th of November........

*GASP* oh god... Thanks, I've applied there too! Good luck!

I'm guessing the week of and after half-term, this thread will start getting loads of excited posts in it... Thanks for this update! Doesn't help the nerves at all though, I have to say.
LIVERPOOL Medical SCHOOL
date- 10th November
comment:
IVE GOT A BLOODY INTERVIEW AT LIVERPOOL MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

so yeah, ill be one of the first people to have an interview, because thats when they will commence the interview process, and also on the letter it says that no decisions will be mae untill the end of the interview cycle which is the end of march. so i have to wait ages. and im so ridiculously happy, even tho like ... i havent got a place yet. OMG i cant believe its happening!!!!!!
Reply 11
badger stripes
LIVERPOOL Medical SCHOOL
date- 10th November
comment:
IVE GOT A BLOODY INTERVIEW AT LIVERPOOL MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

so yeah, ill be one of the first people to have an interview, because thats when they will commence the interview process, and also on the letter it says that no decisions will be mae untill the end of the interview cycle which is the end of march. so i have to wait ages. and im so ridiculously happy, even tho like ... i havent got a place yet. OMG i cant believe its happening!!!!!!

:shock: Oh my god.... I'm trying so hard not to be jealous.... Congratulations!! Letter or email?? Woah March, that's harsh.... (The no-chat format this thread was s'pposed to be based on is out the window then - happy cries and exclamation marks :p: I understand...)
GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply 12
i want an interview :frown:
annarchy
:shock: Oh my god.... I'm trying so hard not to be jealous.... Congratulations!! Letter or email?? Woah March, that's harsh.... (The no-chat format this thread was s'pposed to be based on is out the window then - happy cries and exclamation marks :p: I understand...)
GOOD LUCK!!!

LETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i got home, cuz i had a half day from college, i went to open the letter box, and i saw it, and its liverpool university stamp, and i was like OMG!! ... lol i know how much EVERYONE really really wants an interview... all i need to do is pass it, and then im in! lol .... if only it were that simple :nah:
Reply 14
badger stripes
LETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i got home, cuz i had a half day from college, i went to open the letter box, and i saw it, and its liverpool university stamp, and i was like OMG!! ... lol i know how much EVERYONE really really wants an interview... all i need to do is pass it, and then im in! lol .... if only it were that simple :nah:

It is that simple if you're confident and prepared, know your PS inside out, think clearly about any ethical issues they may question you about, know the course and can think about why it's suited to you personally. You've gone past the most difficult part, so you can start steering the way from here. I think the fact that you're happy rather than scared and panicking means you're in a better position than lots of people in terms of being mentally prepared.. Ha!

P.s. I don't know why I'm being nice to you, I should dislike you, that's one less interview space for me :p:. You selfish person.
Reply 15
congrats badger stripes (dunno your real name :P)

So isn't "track" useful then???

I sent my application a while back (not to liverpool, so a space saved for you annarchy even though I thought about it :biggrin:)

Congrats and good luck
Reply 16
Medical School: Liverppol
Interview Date: 11th November
Offer Date:
Offer Conditions:
Comment: Terrified? Veryyyy pleased, but totally terrified.
Medical School: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Interview Date: Saturday 8th November
Comment: ARGGGGHHHH! I am SO nervous, but really pleased and excited too. Preparation is now officially going to take over my life, but I don't care :biggrin:
Reply 18
Oh so BSMS have started interviews!

This is making me really nervous now! eeek!

@scaryhair how were you told? a letter? an email? track?
scaryhair
Medical School: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Interview Date: Saturday 8th November
Comment: ARGGGGHHHH! I am SO nervous, but really pleased and excited too. Preparation is now officially going to take over my life, but I don't care :biggrin:

Congrats. I applied to BSMS too. Had to take an anti-anxiety pill when I read this though. LOL.

Latest

Trending

Trending