The Student Room Group

MSc Clinical Drug Development QMUL

Hello!!

I am due to graduate soon and have applied to study Clinical Drug development at QMUL. I am looking for any tips/advice about the course and if anyone can share their experience, that will be great too! :smile:

THANK YOU
Reply 1
Original post by Einstein04_
Hello!!

I am due to graduate soon and have applied to study Clinical Drug development at QMUL. I am looking for any tips/advice about the course and if anyone can share their experience, that will be great too! :smile:

THANK YOU

Hey, so did I! Just waiting for my references to be sent off so I can hear back from them. Ive tried to find out more stuff about the course on here but couldn’t find any threads :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by chands27
Hey, so did I! Just waiting for my references to be sent off so I can hear back from them. Ive tried to find out more stuff about the course on here but couldn’t find any threads :smile:

haha thats greaat!!!! I couldn't find much on the QM website either, so thought to start a thread. Did you only apply to QMUL or other universities too? :smile:
Reply 3
I applied to Brunel but this was for a different course, was thinking of UCL maybe for the drug development course but I’m not too sure about that one!
Reply 4
I applied to Brunel but this was for a different course, was thinking of UCL maybe for the drug development course but I’m not too sure about that one!

I saw the UCL one too, but I quite liked the modules at QM and the fact that there is no exam- all CW base. Plus I've been there for 3-years already and love the environment and the campus haha!
Reply 5
I saw the UCL one too, but I quite liked the modules at QM and the fact that there is no exam- all CW base. Plus I've been there for 3-years already and love the environment and the campus haha!

Ahh no way! The UCL one seemed a bit long cant lie lol
What bsc did you do?
Reply 6
Ahh no way! The UCL one seemed a bit long cant lie lol
What bsc did you do?

I did pharamcology, what abut you?
Reply 7
I did pharamcology, what abut you?

I did biomed and took pharm as a module in my last year! :smile:
@Einstein04_ @chands27 hi guys :smile:, did you end up studying clinical drug development at QMUL? If so, how was your experience? I’m thinking of applying this year.
Reply 9
Original post by Foreverdazzled15
@Einstein04_ @chands27 hi guys :smile:, did you end up studying clinical drug development at QMUL? If so, how was your experience? I’m thinking of applying this year.

Looks like they didn't reply.:sad: I, myself looking for applying this year. Did you apply and if so how is it?
Hey Guys! Yes I did end up studying this course at QUML. It was okay - we only went into uni 3 days a month and then the rest of the time we spent working on assignments. This course is very flexible for anyone who has full time jobs. And for my thesis, we got the opportunity to choose our topic. I enjoyed the thesis writing and the flexibility of going into uni. Overall, it’s a good course and would recommend. However if you want more uni life experience then this may not fulfill that goal. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 11
Hey Guys! Yes I did end up studying this course at QUML. It was okay - we only went into uni 3 days a month and then the rest of the time we spent working on assignments. This course is very flexible for anyone who has full time jobs. And for my thesis, we got the opportunity to choose our topic. I enjoyed the thesis writing and the flexibility of going into uni. Overall, it’s a good course and would recommend. However if you want more uni life experience then this may not fulfill that goal. Hope this helps! :smile:

What campus did you mainly have to visit? For project work
We were based at Charterhouse square in Barbican
We were based at Charterhouse square in Barbican

Thank you sooo much for your response 😁 I also wanted to ask whether for the final dissertation we get an opportunity to do lab work? Is there a module for doing practical lab stuff?
There are no practical work. It’s a 20K word thesis and you get the option to choose the topic of interest but it needs to be related to drug development.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending