The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent uni interview for ba fashion course

I'm having an interview with Solent university but I'm confused and worried that what they will ask from me... I see fashion from a different perspective.
Original post by Anmolkakkar
I'm having an interview with Solent university but I'm confused and worried that what they will ask from me... I see fashion from a different perspective.

Just be yourself. Most common questions they will be asking you like:

1) Why do you want to take BA Fashion course?
2) What is your goal? Your future plan?

Also, they may ask you some fashion questions to make sure you really know about fashion, like:

1) What is your favourite brand? And, why?
2) Who is your favourite fashion designer? And why?

So, be prepared to answer these questions.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by GatoMessi
Just be yourself. Most common questions they will be asking you like:

1) Why do you want to take BA Fashion course?
2) What is your goal? Your future plan?

Also, they may ask you some fashion questions to make sure you really know about fashion, like:

1) What is your favourite brand? And, why?
2) Who is your favourite fashion designer? And why?

So, be prepared to answer these questions.

If I'm not inspired by any fashion designer?
If I'm not inspired by any fashion designer?

Maybe you don't have to have a favourite fashion designer but as long as you know who are they, it will be very important. I am sure you know who Coco Chanel, Christian Dior were, or how Mary Quaint changed the way women were living in mid 1960s (mini skirts, hot pants) and so on

Every fashion designers (even interior designers, photographers) are inspired by someone else, or something else.

By the way, you must have some inspirations otherwise you wouldn't have wanted to do fashion design course. It is something you may want to talk about during the interview.
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi, Chloe here. Solent's official university rep. As a current student, I can sympathise with your anxiety about your upcoming interview. I wanted to wish you all the best of luck and hopefully, we'll see you next year.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending