The Student Room Group

SOAS or Essex for migration studying

I just got conditional offers from these two colleges and can't decide which to study as they both have good reputations. I mainly focus on the Southeast Asia migration (& migrant workers) issue, and also interest in global development.
Any advice about which is better? How about the pupil-teacher relationship? Is there any opportunity to engage with related groups, NGOs, or communities? How about the future career?
Reply 1
Original post by PJLai
I just got conditional offers from these two colleges and can't decide which to study as they both have good reputations. I mainly focus on the Southeast Asia migration (& migrant workers) issue, and also interest in global development.
Any advice about which is better? How about the pupil-teacher relationship? Is there any opportunity to engage with related groups, NGOs, or communities? How about the future career?

Congratulations on your offer. To answer your question, begin with what each of the institutions represents. For example, SOAS is the "School of Oriental and African Studies". The "Oriental" in the name means something related or something that originated from Asia, especially the eastern Asia. Secondly, in 2021, SOAS ranked top in UN's first ( End poverty in all its forms), 11th (Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable) and 16th (Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels) Global Sustainable Development Goals. University of Essex is not this specific. Considering your future goals, if you can bear with the brunt of London, I would suggest you go for SOAS.
Reply 2
Original post by Vicabols
Congratulations on your offer. To answer your question, begin with what each of the institutions represents. For example, SOAS is the "School of Oriental and African Studies". The "Oriental" in the name means something related or something that originated from Asia, especially the eastern Asia. Secondly, in 2021, SOAS ranked top in UN's first ( End poverty in all its forms), 11th (Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable) and 16th (Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels) Global Sustainable Development Goals. University of Essex is not this specific. Considering your future goals, if you can bear with the brunt of London, I would suggest you go for SOAS.

Thank you for your advice~:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending