The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

MSc Environment, Politics and Development at SOAS or King's

I applied for an MSc in Environment, Politics and Development at both SOAS and King's College London. I have already got an offer from one of them and am now waiting for the other. However, I'm very torn about which one to go for in case of an offer from both. I love the diverse thought and decolonial approach of SOAS, while King's has a better reputation for the institute as well as research in the world. It would be great to hear from some current or former students about how they find the course as well as the universities and any advice that could help make the choice easier. I would love to hear more about the modules in King's, too, because not a lot of info is given on the website.

All answers are much appreciated!
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi, Congratulations on your offer! The MSC course at SOAS is amazing not only because the Department Studies is ranked 2nd in the world but also because as part of your programme you have the opportunity to take on placements and internships in international IGOs and NGOs including the London International Development Centre and work in international development. The professors are also experts in their field, bringing their insights of climate change, migration, displacement and humanitarian action into the programme. SOAS is a great uni because, as you mentioned, it centres on a decolonial approach and is incredibly diverse with people from all over the world, giving you the chance to immerse in different cultures and meet new people. It's a small but vibrant university with over 100 societies offering various cultural, sport and other events and it has a great careers service too. Hope this helps!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest