The Student Room Group

Mazars Offer Holders 2021

Hi guys I am starting this thread as I have noticed there aren't any threads for Mazars Offer Holders, and so that we could have chat and network with each other.
I have received offer for Audit School Leaver Programme, Leeds starting in September 2021 . Anyone who has received offer from Mazars.
Original post by Mubarkdu
Hi guys I am starting this thread as I have noticed there aren't any threads for Mazars Offer Holders, and so that we could have chat and network with each other.
I have received offer for Audit School Leaver Programme, Leeds starting in September 2021 . Anyone who has received offer from Mazars.

Hi,
I know this is an old thread so I hope you don't mind me asking. I accepted an offer for their September 2022 start and was wondering how long after signing and receiving the final agreement for the "offer of employment" did you get contacted to show proof of required documents (degree, rights to work, NIN etc). Also would you recommend attending other assessment centres until the document check is done (although I know I meet the requirements) just in case or is the final agreement enough to say your place is confirmed as I know I meet the requirements. Thank you
Hi, can I ask how long it took you to receive an email after having your phone interview?
Original post by skyangelbro
Hi, can I ask how long it took you to receive an email after having your phone interview?

Hi, I received an email 9 days after completing my phone interview. Some others received there's at a shorter notice so I think it depends tbh
Reply 4
Can anyone provide any advice on the virtual assessment centre please?

(e.g. how long it lasts, what it entails, how best to prepare)
Original post by Soggz
Can anyone provide any advice on the virtual assessment centre please?

(e.g. how long it lasts, what it entails, how best to prepare)

Hey,

This thread has some great advice on how to prep for the AC: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6470630&page=11 also check out glassdoor

It's from 9-2:30; you have the written case study ( worth looking into how to structure your answers effectively, right kind of tone, keeping it concise etc), you'll then either have the group exercise or interview. There's not really much to prepare for the group exercise but actively contribute and listen to show you're a team player - offer to keep time and regularly let your team know when your half way through, one minute left, etc or say things like maybe we should start with this and move onto this but don't dominate. Don't shy away from presenting and when the examiners ask questions put yourself forward to answer, it doesn't necessarily have to be right it just shows you have initiative.

For the presentation + interview, practice delivery and if the content is relevant & not going off topic- make sure you understand the topic so you can answer follow up questions as well. My interview was quite conversational where there'd be follow up questions to what I said compared to the telephone interview where it was more answer the question and move to the next so you're really put at ease.Also have questions to ask at the end as it shows you're interested. Know the company and why you really want to be in this role, firm and do the exams

There'll also be a q&a session with current trainees, make sure to ask a few questions even if you know the answer from research. They say you don't get examined on that part but I'm sure there's some kinda feedback shared. The online tests will be a repeat of what you've done just make sure you practice a good balance between speed and accuracy. Also you will be allowed to take notes so make sure to write stuff down you think would be helpful in the exercises as the final slide they leave it on doesn't always have the background info, (sorry if that doesn't really make sense, not quite sure how to explain it) Hope that helps
Reply 6
Original post by druigval23
Hey,

This thread has some great advice on how to prep for the AC: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6470630&page=11 also check out glassdoor

It's from 9-2:30; you have the written case study ( worth looking into how to structure your answers effectively, right kind of tone, keeping it concise etc), you'll then either have the group exercise or interview. There's not really much to prepare for the group exercise but actively contribute and listen to show you're a team player - offer to keep time and regularly let your team know when your half way through, one minute left, etc or say things like maybe we should start with this and move onto this but don't dominate. Don't shy away from presenting and when the examiners ask questions put yourself forward to answer, it doesn't necessarily have to be right it just shows you have initiative.

For the presentation + interview, practice delivery and if the content is relevant & not going off topic- make sure you understand the topic so you can answer follow up questions as well. My interview was quite conversational where there'd be follow up questions to what I said compared to the telephone interview where it was more answer the question and move to the next so you're really put at ease.Also have questions to ask at the end as it shows you're interested. Know the company and why you really want to be in this role, firm and do the exams

There'll also be a q&a session with current trainees, make sure to ask a few questions even if you know the answer from research. They say you don't get examined on that part but I'm sure there's some kinda feedback shared. The online tests will be a repeat of what you've done just make sure you practice a good balance between speed and accuracy. Also you will be allowed to take notes so make sure to write stuff down you think would be helpful in the exercises as the final slide they leave it on doesn't always have the background info, (sorry if that doesn't really make sense, not quite sure how to explain it) Hope that helps

Wow thanks so much for the really detailed answer! Can I ask when you had your assessment day and whether you got an offer?

From what you've said I gather the AC includes:
- An individual written case study exercise
- A group exercise which involves planning and delivering a presentation on a given topic, then answering questions about it
- A formal interview
- A repeat of the online tests completed at an earlier stage
- A Q&A session with current trainees

Have I understood that correctly? Can you remember roughly how long each of these stages took? My telephone interview was only about 20 minutes so I'm guessing this one will be significantly longer, for example.

Thanks again.
Original post by Soggz
Wow thanks so much for the really detailed answer! Can I ask when you had your assessment day and whether you got an offer?

From what you've said I gather the AC includes:
- An individual written case study exercise
- A group exercise which involves planning and delivering a presentation on a given topic, then answering questions about it
- A formal interview
- A repeat of the online tests completed at an earlier stage
- A Q&A session with current trainees

Have I understood that correctly? Can you remember roughly how long each of these stages took? My telephone interview was only about 20 minutes so I'm guessing this one will be significantly longer, for example.

Thanks again.

No worries :smile:, I had mine a few weeks ago and accepted the offer a few days later when they contacted me.
Yep, that's correct. The interview is about 60 mins, part of this includes your individual presentation. The q&a session is about 30 mins, depends on how many questions people have tbh. Online test is same as before, it's time recorded not limited. The rest are 45-60 mins.
Reply 8
In how many days do you hear back with offers/ feedback after AC?
Reply 9
Hey in how many days did you get your offer after AC?
Reply 10
Original post by Esha2596

Hey. If I recall correctly, my AC was on a Thursday and I received my offer the following Monday.
Original post by Esha2596

Hey mine was 3 days
Hello, I have been waiting for a mazars AC for four weeks and wonder if anyone else had similar experience?
Reply 13
No worries :smile:, I had mine a few weeks ago and accepted the offer a few days later when they contacted me.
Yep, that's correct. The interview is about 60 mins, part of this includes your individual presentation. The q&a session is about 30 mins, depends on how many questions people have tbh. Online test is same as before, it's time recorded not limited. The rest are 45-60 mins.

hey just want to make sure cuz when i did my online test for the placement option, my numerical test wasnt timed. so just to make sure is the one in the AC timed?
Thank you
Original post by riz234
hey just want to make sure cuz when i did my online test for the placement option, my numerical test wasnt timed. so just to make sure is the one in the AC timed?
Thank you

Hey,

Congrats on making it to the AC. Mine was for grad scheme but I'm sure they're the same, the AC NRT mirrors the online test you did before. There's no time limit , ie it doesn't automatically end after 20mins etc, however as they use Capp assessments, they do record how long it takes you to complete it. If I remember correctly once you complete the test and it's submitted, it tells the start and submitted time. Hope that helps
Hey,

Congrats on making it to the AC. Mine was for grad scheme but I'm sure they're the same, the AC NRT mirrors the online test you did before. There's no time limit , ie it doesn't automatically end after 20mins etc, however as they use Capp assessments, they do record how long it takes you to complete it. If I remember correctly once you complete the test and it's submitted, it tells the start and submitted time. Hope that helps

Hey could i ask if you can use a calc during the AC NRT test?
Reply 16
hi, could I ask do you remember how long this took for you in the end, I passed my phone interview about a month ago and still haven't received confirmation of a date
Original post by moria2222
Hello, I have been waiting for a mazars AC for four weeks and wonder if anyone else had similar experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending