The Student Room Group

Masters choices

Hey guys, I've applied and been accepted to some of the following Masters programs. I'm waiting for all the responses before deciding but with the deadline looming I would appreciate any advice as I'm super indecisive.

For context my Bachelor's was a BA Liberal Arts with law as my major and econ as my minor.

I'm slightly more in favor of the shorter programs as I think the potential additional year of professional experience outweighs the additional semesters still studying. Also, when it comes to law, maybe incorrectly, I favor an LLM over an MA, but I could be wrong about thinking it's better.

Other than that, I'm interested in development and would like to go into that field, whether it be for government organisations, the UN, NGOs, etc. I'm flexible between all those choices.

Thanks for any help!

LSE: MSc Development Studies - 2 semesters

Sussex: MA Development Studies - 2 semesters

Manchester: MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry - 2 semesters

University of Geneva/Tsinghua Dual Degree: MSc Human Development, Innovation and Sustainability/Masters of Public Policy for SDGs - 5 semesters

University of Geneva: MSc Economics - 3 semesters

Graduate Institute Geneva: MA International Law - 4 semesters

SOAS: LLM Law, Development, and Globalisation - 2 semesters
Reply 1
Dealing with similar situation!

King's - MSc Emerging Economies and International Development
Sussex - MA International Education and Development Studies
SOAS - MSc Development Studies
UCL - MA Education and International Development

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending