The Student Room Group

Visa application question

Dear all, good afternoon,

The reason why I'm writing to you is regarding the visa application, since I'm already completing the form, with the help of a student advisory agency, who also helped me through my postgraduate programmes application (INOVA).

I already pre-completed the form, however I'm still waiting for one document, from my bank, to certify I have the funds to finance my year abroad, even when supposedly I'm not required initially to send that information, since I'm from Chile.
The point is that the agency told me I should not submit the visa application form and pay for the application until I have this document, because if the date of the certificate I'm missing is later than the date when I applied for the visa, then they told me the document would not be accepted and my application could be compromised. Is that possible?

I told them it does not make many sense to me, because while I was completing the visa application form, I read at one section that, if UKVI, after checking my application, still wanted to see the bank statement, which is not initially required, then the applicant would have around 10 days to get and share that document, which, in that case, would obviously have a different, and later, date than the visa application.

As I said before, I have pre-completed the visa application form, and I have all the initially required documents, so there is only one pending document, the bank statement, which is not required initially.

Do I really have to wait to get this bank certificate before submitting the application form? Or I can go forward with the visa application while, in parallel, I wait for my bank to send me the certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Quick Reply

Latest