The Student Room Group

Foundation Year at Cambridge 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Gonville and Caius:smile:

Ah that’s a lovely college! Do you know anyone who’s applying for the course?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by anonymous123ugan
Ah that’s a lovely college! Do you know anyone who’s applying for the course?

No, I wish I did though haha! How about you?
i think the most stressful thing is that even if we get shortlisted, there's the admissions test and even if you get through that round, there's still the interviews. heart aches x3

p.s a gap year student who is so tired of the uni admissions process and wants to just get into university so i can finally breatheee
Original post by St Edmund's Admission
I'm sure you're not the only one with that question so thanks for posting! Provided you meet the progression requirements you will move on to the undergraduate degree.

Hi :smile:
Could you give an estimate of how many applications have been received for the course?
Thanks
i think the most stressful thing is that even if we get shortlisted, there's the admissions test and even if you get through that round, there's still the interviews. heart aches x3

p.s a gap year student who is so tired of the uni admissions process and wants to just get into university so i can finally breatheee

Tbh, the admissions assessment look interesting. The sample one was pretty interesting in my opinion, I can defo see on section 2 of it theyre really trying to yield some real creativity from us.
No, I wish I did though haha! How about you?

Yeah, he’s in a similar position to me. Both gap-year students who deferred our places at university to take a plunge with this really interesting course.
(edited 2 years ago)

Sorry to jump into your guys’ convo but I completely relate! I’m a gap year student, I’ve heard back from everywhere else I’ve applied to so it’s felt extra long waiting for this! I thought it would be easier doing ucas a second time but I was so wrong lmao
Original post by justjas33
Sorry to jump into your guys’ convo but I completely relate! I’m a gap year student, I’ve heard back from everywhere else I’ve applied to so it’s felt extra long waiting for this! I thought it would be easier doing ucas a second time but I was so wrong lmao

Hey I’m a gap-year student too!
What courses and universities have you gone for?
I found it smooth-sailing because everything has been taken care of. (I.e. personal statement/ucas details and questions, SAQ(in my case) etc)
Tbh, the admissions assessment look interesting. The sample one was pretty interesting in my opinion, I can defo see on section 2 of it theyre really trying to yield some real creativity from us.

Yeah it’s a fantastic exam; section B is uniquely different to other exams. I.e. watching clips/ research design.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey I’m a gap-year student too!
What courses and universities have you gone for?
I found it smooth-sailing because everything has been taken care of. (I.e. personal statement/ucas details and questions, SAQ(in my case) etc)

find this such a relief that so many gap year students have applied for this programme as well, i was so concerned about starting my actual degree 2 years after i finished a-levels as i did not plan to do a foundation year but could not pass up cambridge) when my age-mates will have been almost finished with uni by then.
i’m in the exact same situation with the gap year and i’m relieved too!! it’s nice to know others are in the same boat :smile:
find this such a relief that so many gap year students have applied for this programme as well, i was so concerned about starting my actual degree 2 years after i finished a-levels as i did not plan to do a foundation year but could not pass up cambridge) when my age-mates will have been almost finished with uni by then.

Yeah that’s such a good point. Though that being said, I wasn’t particularly sceptical about feeling “out of place”. What led you to take the 2 years out?
The latter year must’ve been for Cambridge, but what about your first year?
Hopefully that makes sense :smile:
Yeah that’s such a good point. Though that being said, I wasn’t particularly sceptical about feeling “out of place”. What led you to take the 2 years out?
The latter year must’ve been for Cambridge, but what about your first year?
Hopefully that makes sense :smile:

i think what they mean is that after the foundation year they will be starting their degree, so they will graduate 2 years ‘behind’ other people in their year group :smile:
i think what they mean is that after the foundation year they will be starting their degree, so they will graduate 2 years ‘behind’ other people in their year group :smile:

Oh yeah, thanks for the clarification; I read it quite quickly.
~ We’re all in the same position then!
Why did you all decide to take gap years? If you’re comfortable enough to share, feel free to do so. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

that's exactly what i meant, thanks! with all hope, we'll be starting a foundation year after a gap year, so our actual degrees will be quite delayed but i'm consciously reminding myself that life isn't a race and we'll all get to where we are meant to be at our own pace and with the timing that ultimately works best for us and in our favour.
that's exactly what i meant, thanks! with all hope, we'll be starting a foundation year after a gap year, so our actual degrees will be quite delayed but i'm consciously reminding myself that life isn't a race and we'll all get to where we are meant to be at our own pace and with the timing that ultimately works best for us and in our favour.

Yeah that’s true; I’m just drawn to Cambridge and its unique learning structure. It’s legit so different to every other university, and it’s compatible with my preferred style of learning.
(edited 2 years ago)

yes!! i’m in the exact same position and thinking the same thing - and it sounds like the skills and confidence we would get out of the foundation year will be worth it!! and don’t forget you would have gained life experience from your gap year so in that respect you aren’t necessarily ‘behind’ :smile:
what grades do they need for it?

Which college has everyone applied too?
what grades do they need for it?

120 UCAS points 3 BBBs or ABC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending