The Student Room Group

Accomodation rules?

I was just wondering randomly if the University as a whole has rules and regulations about what one can bring to ones room. Obviously they have to be legal things, but would there be a concern about such things as a shisha/hookah (not smoked inside) or a full-fledged, hard-liquor bar? Do individual colleges have individual rules? I can't seem to find any information about this.
Individual colleges have individual rules. E.g. we're not allowed fridges, kettles or rice cookers but some colleges are.
I think Queens' has a no smoking in college rule, so presumably hookahs are a no-go...
Reply 3
Where could I find out about this? I don't really want to email the college I'm applying to asking whether I can bring these things..
Reply 4
Azer
Where could I find out about this? I don't really want to email the college I'm applying to asking whether I can bring these things..

Some colleges might have their accommodation handbooks up on the internet that you can look at. You could e-mail someone from the JCR or SU of the college you're applying to - for example a Domestic Affairs rep. Otherwise you could tell us the college/ask in the appropriate college thread and see if you get an answer that way.
Reply 5
Gonville and Caius. ^^

Thanks for the quick responses, all of you!
Reply 6
Azer
Gonville and Caius. ^^

Thanks for the quick responses, all of you!

Ask in the Gonville and Caius thread in the subforum.

All accommodation is riddled with smoke sensors, so I don't fancy your chances anywhere.
Reply 7
We're allowed to smoke in our rooms.
hard liquor bar? that sounds like an interesting one... considering most (all?) colleges have rules against large gatherings in people's rooms they might have interesting opinions about that one.
Reply 9
But at the same time many people have large amounts of alcohol in their rooms.
I have most of First Class Tea's stock in my room :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending