The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would say phones are usually the easiest without any history out of everything. The amount of students that get a contract as soon as they go to university is massive, along with student deals/discount. As long as you have a source of income most would be okay I imagine.

Another tip is to get on the electoral roll, takes about 6 weeks for the system to update you
Reply 21
Original post by ANM775
i've never had a credit card but my credit is good and i can get one if i want because of this.

having a monthly mobile phone contract goes towards your credit score so it might be worth getting one of those?
I know my virgin tv and internet counts as well..,
i suspect other bills i pay like council tax and electricity and water count also.

you may not have to pay all these bills at 18, but you can get a mobile phone contract can't you?
so go with that for a while as it's better than nothing and still counts.

Yeah I am paying Bills now so I will wait 6 months and see what happens
Original post by martin7

[*]My BT landline account doesn't show up

[*]That's very odd - BT have reported full information to both Experian and Equifax for me since at least 2007. I pay quarterly rather than monthly, but it's probably not that.
I had the same trouble with a not-so-good credit score. I needed to improve it, like getting an apartment and finding cheaper insurance.

Latest

Trending

Trending