The Student Room Group

Doing a textiles EPQ

I'm going into year 13 next year. I'm planning on doing an EPQ and considering a doing a textiles project. I'm doing all humanities subjects (history, English and sociology) and I have no experience doing textiles or an arts subject academically so I really don't know what it would consist of or if it's right for me. I do sewing as a hobby, which is why I'm interested in doing it as an EPQ as it'll likely be my only opportunity to do something related to sewing in school before going to uni, but it might be a bad idea considering it won't really help me get into a history degree course.

If you did a textiles EPQ, what was it like, what did you do for it and is it worth doing?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
I think that is a great idea! it gives you a chance to make use of a hobby. I have done textiles at gcse and I found it very fun. I would recommend if you want to study history at Uni then possibly linking it to history (eg making a period style dress) because then it shows that you have applied knowledge to your piece. Hope it goes well!
Original post by mousetrapreplica
I'm going into year 13 next year. I'm planning on doing an EPQ and considering a doing a textiles project. I'm doing all humanities subjects (history, English and sociology) and I have no experience doing textiles or an arts subject academically so I really don't know what it would consist of or if it's right for me. I do sewing as a hobby, which is why I'm interested in doing it as an EPQ as it'll likely be my only opportunity to do something related to sewing in school before going to uni, but it might be a bad idea considering it won't really help me get into a history degree course.

If you did a textiles EPQ, what was it like, what did you do for it and is it worth doing?

Im in year 11 thinking of also doing a textiles related EPQ at sixth form. If you chose to do it, Hows it going?
Reply 5
Original post by mousetrapreplica

Hiya, I saw that you posted this last year and was just wondering if you did end up doing a textiles EPQ? I'm thinking about starting one in year 12, I chose to do a textiles GCSE and I love sewing clothes so I think an EPQ would be amazing for me. But I have the same issues as you, I'm doing all humanities subjects and I'd like to do Social Work in Uni. Anyways, yeah, I just wanted to know if you done the EPQ and if so if you could give me any advice x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending