The Student Room Group

art or textiles

i have until may 3rd to choose what i want to do for gcse and i am so torn on textiles or art ive tried doing a pro and con list and i still cant decide i want to know which one i should choose or ill just end up panicking and choosing food tech as a escape goat
Reply 1
Depends on what you plan to do with it, textiles is heavily based on clothing and art is on creating art (obviously). If you plan on doing something in fashion textiles is the way, but if you want it just because you have to either is fine. It also all depends on your talent/preference, if you feel you'd do better in recreating art pieces and creating new ones with the style of the artists then art is for you. I'm not so sure what textiles is completely but my friends who take it say they get to create whatever clothing or accessories they'd like, and in my opinion, looking at some of their stuff I'm guessing it's just creativity that matters and it doesn't necessarily have to look good, I'm not entirely sure. (don't quote me on the textiles bit, I take art so I haven't got the slightest clue)

Quick Reply

Latest