The Student Room Group

Driving instructor confusing me.

Had my lesson today and My driving instructor told me that we will see on Fridays lesson whether I should go ahead with my test next Thursday. Like how can you say that a week before my test, he shud have told me earlier. I am soo stressed now. Tests are only available next year now. How can I just cancel my test like that. He shud have told me I wasn't ready when I had booked it with his guidance back in July.
Reply 1
Its a normal thing for an instructor to say. He wouldn't/shouldn't have allowed you to book your test if you weren't ready for it but it also looks bad on them if a student fails if they're not ready to test. Just do your lesson as normal, it's only to see if you make silly mistakes that would be unforgivable on a test, but if you're doing well then I wouldn't stress about it. not the end of the world really is it
Original post by t-o-f-u
Its a normal thing for an instructor to say. He wouldn't/shouldn't have allowed you to book your test if you weren't ready for it but it also looks bad on them if a student fails if they're not ready to test. Just do your lesson as normal, it's only to see if you make silly mistakes that would be unforgivable on a test, but if you're doing well then I wouldn't stress about it. not the end of the world really is it

He said to me the previous week i should carry on with the test then this week he says wait till Friday. Just going to go for it, even if i fail it might help me bit more confident second time round
Exactly this. Just go for it, if you think you’re ready and prepared just do your best. I think they only say that because they don’t want a low pass rate incase you fail (not saying you will.) And like you said if you do fail at least you’ll know what to expect the next time, but hopefully you pass first time! Honestly my test is next week and today my instructor tells me my mirror checking is weak but I’m driving exactly how I do in my lessons. Why not tell me during every single lesson so I make it better habit rather than telling me days before I’m going to fail for my observation. Ffs the stress is real. Good luck for your lesson tomorrow and for your test :biggrin:
Original post by AprilShowers101
Exactly this. Just go for it, if you think you’re ready and prepared just do your best. I think they only say that because they don’t want a low pass rate incase you fail (not saying you will.) And like you said if you do fail at least you’ll know what to expect the next time, but hopefully you pass first time! Honestly my test is next week and today my instructor tells me my mirror checking is weak but I’m driving exactly how I do in my lessons. Why not tell me during every single lesson so I make it better habit rather than telling me days before I’m going to fail for my observation. Ffs the stress is real. Good luck for your lesson tomorrow and for your test :biggrin:

Good luck for your test !!! Honestly i don't get why instructors tell what your doing bad last minute i am in the same boat, it is so so annoying. But honestly go for it you'll smash it hopefully. Let me know how it goes.
Original post by Anonymous36617
Good luck for your test !!! Honestly i don't get why instructors tell what your doing bad last minute i am in the same boat, it is so so annoying. But honestly go for it you'll smash it hopefully. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you, I passed my test!! I remembered your test was on Thursday and wanted to wish you luck 😄

I hope your instructor is being more encouraging now the test date is tomorrow. If it helps my instructor told me right before the lesson, ‘we’re going to stop practicing now because you’re making too many stupid mistakes’. Even with that I still managed to pass so I’m sure you’ll do fine!!
Hope you’re feeling confident about it anyways and let us know how it goes!!
Thank you, I passed my test!! I remembered your test was on Thursday and wanted to wish you luck 😄

I hope your instructor is being more encouraging now the test date is tomorrow. If it helps my instructor told me right before the lesson, ‘we’re going to stop practicing now because you’re making too many stupid mistakes’. Even with that I still managed to pass so I’m sure you’ll do fine!!

That's soo good, i am honestly happy for you ,this must be a relief !!! Instructors are something else. My instructor said he won't take me so i now I'm going to take the test in my dad's car, i have been practicing near enough every day.

I'm feeling very nervous even though i can do manouevers i feel like I'll mess up on the day.

Thank you soo much, i will let you know how it goes : )

I sadly failed today : ( i failed on a mini roundabout, the car from the right came soo quick but i was on the roundabout and he had to slow down behind. One serious fault, still very annoyed with myself. But the weirdest most nerve wracking part was that my old instructor who said i wasn't capable of going to a test came to the driving test centre, and he looked at me as he knew my test time and day and he sat in his car alone till i came back and then left. I am just weirded out by this it kind of put me in a negative mindset from the start. But examiner said i am a very good driver, and the one serious fault sad my only let down. But i just cant get over the fact my old instructor came there especially to see if i was going ahead with the test. Felt like crying when i saw his car it just seems so so weird.
Original post by Anonymous36617
I sadly failed today : ( i failed on a mini roundabout, the car from the right came soo quick but i was on the roundabout and he had to slow down behind. One serious fault, still very annoyed with myself. But the weirdest most nerve wracking part was that my old instructor who said i wasn't capable of going to a test came to the driving test centre, and he looked at me as he knew my test time and day and he sat in his car alone till i came back and then left. I am just weirded out by this it kind of put me in a negative mindset from the start. But examiner said i am a very good driver, and the one serious fault sad my only let down. But i just cant get over the fact my old instructor came there especially to see if i was going ahead with the test. Felt like crying when i saw his car it just seems so so weird.

Oh nooo, I’m so sorry to hear that : ( ffs don’t other drivers piss you off!! At least your examiner said you’re a good driver that’s really encouraging and you don’t have to be so nervous for the next test now as you know what to expect. Have you booked another test date yet?

And woah your instructor is an absolute weirdo, I thought he was an ******** for refusing to take you and now this has taken it to a whole new level. I can’t believe he came to see if you would take the test without him. What a ****, I can totally understand the added pressure of seeing him before the test. If he’s from a company you should defo complain because that’s really unfair on you and also just weird.
Oh nooo, I’m so sorry to hear that : ( ffs don’t other drivers piss you off!! At least your examiner said you’re a good driver that’s really encouraging and you don’t have to be so nervous for the next test now as you know what to expect. Have you booked another test date yet?

And woah your instructor is an absolute weirdo, I thought he was an ******** for refusing to take you and now this has taken it to a whole new level. I can’t believe he came to see if you would take the test without him. What a ****, I can totally understand the added pressure of seeing him before the test. If he’s from a company you should defo complain because that’s really unfair on you and also just weird.

Other drivers create too many flipping hazards. The test has helped me feel much more confident for next time. Although i failed, it was not that hard. My instructor is such a weirdo. I think he was private so can't even report him to any company sadly. But his attitude is soo bad, who has time to wait in a car park for 45 mins!!
Lol your instructor needs a hobby or more learners on his schedule!! Weirdo.
You’re right, the test is so much shorter than anticipated and isn’t that scary once you get going. I don’t know whether you managed to book another test date soon but I used this app driving test now and it came up with of earlier test dates so that might be helpful if you have to wait a while but it costs £18.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending