The Student Room Group

ucat incident

hi

i took my ucat last week and i got 2410 band 2 :/

during decision making, my computer blanked out twice, and during verbal reasoning there were glitches that must have made me think i selected my chosen option, but instead i'd actually made a blue ring around my chosen answer and highlighted it, but not selected it; didn't have time at the end to check all questions were answered

i can't stop thinking about it i am truly gutted. i don't know if ucat will respond to my query because it has been 7/8 days since my exam and i forgot to get an incident case number from the centre out of shock and disappointment: someone please help me :frown:
Hi there, quick question, did you raise the issues with the computer at the exam centre on the day you took it?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hi there, quick question, did you raise the issues with the computer at the exam centre on the day you took it?

hey, yes i did and the problem was solved, but i still lost some seconds, and it happened again too
Original post by s.studies
hey, yes i did and the problem was solved, but i still lost some seconds, and it happened again too

Well, you did the right thing by raising the issue at the examination centre... but you made a mistake by not getting the incident case number, so the examination centre might not even have a record of the fault. And then reading the rules about UCAT test centre incidents ( https://www.ucat.ac.uk/sit/test-incident/ )...
1. They usually do not investigate these things if you do not ask for an investigation within a day of you taking the test, and...
2. They will not consider your request if you submitted your request more than 5 days after your test... which it seems, you didn't do?

If you have some wp flag, you just might get away with that score, but your chances are very diminished. I'd reccomend a radical change of plan and sit the BMAT. It's a harder test, in different ways, but you can still do alright in it with enough preparation. Failing that, you can just ace your A-Levels and resit UCAT next year!
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
Well, you did the right thing by raising the issue at the examination centre... but you made a mistake by not getting the incident case number, so the examination centre might not even have a record of the fault. And then reading the rules about UCAT test centre incidents ( https://www.ucat.ac.uk/sit/test-incident/ )...
1. They usually do not investigate these things if you do not ask for an investigation within a day of you taking the test, and...
2. They will not consider your request if you submitted your request more than 5 days after your test... which it seems, you didn't do?

If you have some wp flag, you just might get away with that score, but your chances are very diminished. I'd reccomend a radical change of plan and sit the BMAT. It's a harder test, in different ways, but you can still do alright in it with enough preparation. Failing that, you can just ace your A-Levels and resit UCAT next year!

thank you for your honesty
i was 100% planning to sit the bmat this year anyways and i am definitely planning to put in a lot of time and effort into it
Original post by s.studies
thank you for your honesty
i was 100% planning to sit the bmat this year anyways and i am definitely planning to put in a lot of time and effort into it

Good. Remember to register for it at your school's exam office as soon as you return in September. I wish you the best of luck and hope the rest of your Medicine application goes swimmingly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending