The Student Room Group

Predicted grades and reference for private candidates

I'm doing A-Levels privately and I'm self studying along with help from my parents, so I don't really need to enroll in any tuition.

However I'll be applying to universities next year and I need reference and predicted grades for that since I can't afford to take a gap year and apply with actual grade because I'm already a year late.

So, my question is: if I enroll in some online tuition as in places they provide tuition for certain number of hours (since I really don't need a year worth of course), so if I had at least 6 separate sessions with them, will they be able to provide reference and predicted grades for me?

or should I enroll at Wolsey Hall or Interhigh or someplace similar? so they can provide predicted grades or is that a waste of money?

https://sciencewithhazel.co.uk/tuition/ I have this particular tuition in mind
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Arihamilton
I'm doing A-Levels privately and I'm self studying along with help from my parents, so I don't really need to enroll in any tuition.

However I'll be applying to universities next year and I need reference and predicted grades for that since I can't afford to take a gap year and apply with actual grade because I'm already a year late.

So, my question is: if I enroll in some online tuition as in places they provide tuition for certain number of hours (since I really don't need a year worth of course), so if I had at least 6 separate sessions with them, will they be able to provide reference and predicted grades for me?

or should I enroll at Wolsey Hall or Interhigh or someplace similar? so they can provide predicted grades or is that a waste of money?

https://sciencewithhazel.co.uk/tuition/ I have this particular tuition in mind

Unis will pretty much accept predictions from anywhere that is willing to vouch for them. Likewise with the ref so long as they are familiar with your academic work. It’s more a question as to whether the tutoring service would be happy to provide them after that amount of contact.

NB. Unis are used to considering apps from private candidates without predictions, so it may not be worth the money to obtain them. I’d check directly with your target unis as to their prediction and ref requirement for candidates in your position.
Reply 3
Hi, how is everything? I am in the same position as you were. I took the A levels and would like to retake them to improve my grades. However my sixth form college would not want to provide me with predicted grades. :frown: Does anyone know how should I go about it? Thanks!

=======================================================================================================
Original post by Offers
Hi, how is everything? I am in the same position as you were. I took the A levels and would like to retake them to improve my grades. However my sixth form college would not want to provide me with predicted grades. :frown: Does anyone know how should I go about it? Thanks!

=======================================================================================================

Covered in post #3 above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending