The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University 2022 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wanderlustele
hiii, i've applied for primary education with qts, got an interview on the 15th (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels

Hi @wanderlustele

Congratulations on getting an interview!

I hope your interview goes well on the 15th.

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by sophloxleyxo
hiya, i'm applying to edge hill to do ODP and was wondering where
the best place for accommodation

Hi @sophloxleyxo

Students have the option to study our ODP course at Edge Hill University in Ormskirk or at St James' in Manchester.

Students who study at Edge Hill University in Ormskirk have the option to stay in our on campus accommodation. We currently offer a wide range of accommodation, majority are en-suit rooms. However, we do also offer some shared bathroom facilities. Catering packages are also available for some of the accommodation depending on your requirements and your budget. You can compare our different types of accommodation here: www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/accommodation/compare-halls-of-residence/.

If you choose to study at St James', you can still choose to live on campus in Ormskirk, however due to the distance, most students do prefer to get accommodation in Manchester. A popular choice is Manchester Student Homes. There is a fact sheet on our website which contains some more detailed information: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/studentservices/files/2019/11/St-James-Accommodation-Guide-19.20.pdf

I hope this helps!

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DaisyTano
I've applied for criminology with law and have got an offer :biggrin: I also study at A level law, criminology and geography

@DaisyTano

Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Toffygirl83
Hi, I have applied for Midwifery and have Edge Hill as my first choice. Does anyone know when I might hear anything? Thanks.

Hi @Toffygirl83

That's great to hear you are looking to study with us.

You should hear back after the UCAS deadline in January.

I hope this helps,

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by staceyjb0304
I have also applied to Edge Hill for Midwifery 2022. I sent my application end of September but haven't heard anything since their "We've received your application" email. What other unis have you applied to?

Hi @staceyjb0304

It is great to hear you are looking to study our midwifery degree.

We do receive a large volume of applications and so it can take some time for our admissions team to process them. You should hear back from our admissions team after the UCAS deadline in January.

I hope this helps

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
hi i’ve applied for child nursing

Good luck with your application!

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Tork91
I have an interview for edge hill for midwifery. Does anyone what may be asked? Thanks

Hi @Tork91

Congratulations on your interview!

At an interview you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate that you have an enthusiasm to become a midwife, that you understand the core NHS values and will be able to demonstrate these in professional practice. You will be asked a range of questions to assess this.

I would encourage you to carefully read through the interview guidance you have received to ensure you understand what to expect on the day and what you would need to read beforehand.

I would also encourage you have a read through your personal statement and have a think about why you want to become a midwife.

I hope this helps

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Alicerose06
Hiya!! I’ve applied to the same and have an interview tomorrow, what questions did they ask you?

Hi @Alicerose06

I hope your interview went well.

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by wanderlustele
hi! i had an offer the same day from them. my advice is to just be urself, whether that's really confident or a bit nervous. read all the interview guidance and make sure ur prepared for what u want to say. have knowledge on some educational topics too. best of luck:smile:

Heyyyy, OMG guess who just GOT AN OFFER FROM EDGE HILL?!!! I can't believe it!
Original post by sashadivachic
Heyyyy, OMG guess who just GOT AN OFFER FROM EDGE HILL?!!! I can't believe it!

@sashadivachic

Congratulations on your offer!

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
(edited 2 years ago)
hiya, how long after sending of your applications did you recieve an interview
Original post by Edge Hill University Outreach
@sashadivachic

Congratulations on your offer!

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team

Thank you so much!
Original post by sophloxleyxo
hiya, how long after sending of your applications did you recieve an interview

Hey I don’t know if you are asking in general or directly to me, but I applied for Primary Education and received an invitation for an interview 2 days after UCAS received my application!
Hi,
I applied for primary education and primary early years education, last week, and I quickly received a response (only a couple of days later)

I have been offered an interview for the 11th of January and I am really nervous but also quite excited

Just have to prepare and then fingers crossed 🤞
Original post by sashadivachic
Hey I don’t know if you are asking in general or directly to me, but I applied for Primary Education and received an invitation for an interview 2 days after UCAS received my application!

i have got an interview for 19th jan :smile:
Original post by is.jenk
Hi,
I applied for primary education and primary early years education, last week, and I quickly received a response (only a couple of days later)

I have been offered an interview for the 11th of January and I am really nervous but also quite excited

Just have to prepare and then fingers crossed 🤞

Hi @is.jenk

Congratulations on your interview!

The interview is a chance to show your passion for becoming a teacher. It may be good to look at relevant issues in the education sector as this may be something you are asked about.

I would encourage you to carefully read through the interview guidance you have received to ensure you understand what to expect on the day and what you would need to read beforehand.

I would also encourage you have a read through your personal statement and have a think about the reasons you applied for the course and your goals for the future.

Best of luck,

Luke

Course Enquiries Team
Reply 36
I’ve just received my interview for mental health nursing earlier today!! Edge hill is my top choice so has anyone any advise/ tips on what to research into or talk about during the interview? And how the process itself works regarding if I need to do an assessment of any sort?

Thanks!!
Reply 37
Original post by jenniferemilie
I have an interview at Edge Hill for adult nursing on the 2nd of December! 💖

Hey how did this go? What kind of questions did you get asked, I’ve just got my interview for mental health nursing!
Hi,
I had my Edge Hill interview this morning. I think it went quite well. There were some tough questions but I think that I answered them quite well.

I got a message 5 minutes after it had finished saying:
"Congratulations! You performed well at interview and we are delighted to make you an off. Thi will be subject to the usual Admissions checks so we will confirm shortly by email and letter. Well done!"

!!!!!
Reply 39
Original post by is.jenk
Hi,
I had my Edge Hill interview this morning. I think it went quite well. There were some tough questions but I think that I answered them quite well.

I got a message 5 minutes after it had finished saying:
"Congratulations! You performed well at interview and we are delighted to make you an off. Thi will be subject to the usual Admissions checks so we will confirm shortly by email and letter. Well done!"

!!!!!

What questions did you get asked?, congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending