The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University 2022 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Yes that does make me feel better I had the interview in December and was getting a bit concerned that my friends were getting offers already
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by emilygs18
I just got an offer for mental health nursing yesterday!!

Well done that’s so exciting!! I also had a offer for mental health nursing! I haven’t seen anyone studying mental health until now, it’s so nice to see someone! Xx
Original post by Sarahirv
Well done that’s so exciting!! I also had a offer for mental health nursing! I haven’t seen anyone studying mental health until now, it’s so nice to see someone! Xx

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer!

Melissa- Course Enquiries
I’m still waiting so hopefully we will hear back soon
hey, i have emailed twice for the accommodation invite but everytime someone answers back i still cant access the link. i dont know how to choose my accommodation if i dont have that link - anyone know how or anything?
thnx
Original post by Anonymous
hey, i have emailed twice for the accommodation invite but everytime someone answers back i still cant access the link. i dont know how to choose my accommodation if i dont have that link - anyone know how or anything?
thnx

I recommend ringing Edge Hill. I did and got it sent through almost immediately after!
Reply 86
I'm applying for Child Nursing and have my interview soon!!!
Is there many on this thread with successful interviews? I'm so nervous!
I’m considering Sports Therapy at Edge Hill. As a sprint athlete who is on the cusp of breaking into the Welsh Junior International team, does the university offer support and development for such athletes.
Original post by aemma96
I'm applying for Child Nursing and have my interview soon!!!
Is there many on this thread with successful interviews? I'm so nervous!

Hi @aemma96
Congratulations on receiving an invitation to interview.

Try not to be too nervous. An interview is your opportunity to share your interest in the course and your enthusiasm for the role of a Nurse.

The tutors will be looking for you to demonstrate your personal attributes and values required to become a Nurse.

I would encourage you to have a read through your personal statement and have a think about any examples you may have included. There may be an opportunity to expand on these at interview. You might be able to ask a family member or friend to help you practice answering questions and practice delivering your interview task.

I would also encourage you to carefully read through your interview guidance. This includes everything you need to help you prepare beforehand.

Best of luck with your interview
I hope this helps

Luke
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Soggybird
I’m considering Sports Therapy at Edge Hill. As a sprint athlete who is on the cusp of breaking into the Welsh Junior International team, does the university offer support and development for such athletes.

Hi @Soggybird

It is great to hear you are considering Edge Hill University.

At Edge Hill University, there are a variety of ways that you can be supported with your athletic endeavours.

You may be eligible for our Sports Scholarship, Sports Scholarships celebrate talent, dedication and achievement in sport and are designed to enhance your sporting performance.You could be eligible for a Scholarship worth up to £1,000 per academic year. For more information on this please follow the link here https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/prospective-students/sports/

Edge Hill Sport’s facilities are situated to the East of the main Ormskirk campus, offering some of the best sporting facilities in the region and contains excellent provision for both indoor and outdoor sports. You can find more information on the facilities here https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/edgehillsport/facilities/?tab=introduction

We also have a range of Sport societies, which features an athletics society where you will be able to meet and train with like minded people. You can contact [email protected] for more information on the athletics society.

I hope this helps

Luke
Course Enquiries Team
Hi,
I would like to ask when the applications open for the scholarships? Thank you
Hi,
I would like to ask when the applications open for the scholarships? Thank you

Hi @Anonymous # 2,

Applications for Scholarships usually open in February so I would keep an eye on our website as they will be opening any time.
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/prospective-students/

I hope this helps.
Luke
Course Enquiries Team
Hey! I’ve applied for Nutrition & Health (:
is there a skateboarding society at edge hill?
Original post by sophloxleyxo
hiya, i'm applying to edge hill to do ODP and was wondering where
the best place for accommodation

Hello @sophloxleyxo

It's great that you are thinking of coming to Edge Hill! There are a wide range of accommodation options of varying expense, locations, and features here on campus. Are there any in particular that are standing out to you? We also offer accommodation tours as a part of the many open days we have here at Edge Hill, so it may be helpful for you to come and see the accommodation for yourself in order to get a feel for where you see yourself next year:smile:. This will also help you get a feel for the campus and the course you have applied for. I am living in Palatine and I absolutely love it, but there are so many other great options! You can click here to view the full list of halls in order to best compare their attributes.

I hope this is helpful!

Katie - First Year Educational Psychology Student
(edited 2 years ago)
Congratulations on your offer @Kaydi1710!

It is great that you are considering Edge Hill!

Have you considered attending an open day here? This should really help you make your decision as it allows you to imagine your life as a student here and where you would be living etc:smile:

Good luck!
Katie - First Year Educational Psychology Student
Hi,
I would just like to ask when the applications for scholarships will open?
Thank you
Hi,
I would just like to ask when the applications for scholarships will open?
Thank you

Hi there,

Our Excellence Scholarships and our Sports Scholarships are now open for applications. The closing date to apply is Wednesday 15th June 2022. In order to be considered for these scholarships you will need to complete an application form, which can be found on our website by following the weblinks above.

If you have any further questions regarding the scholarships, please do contact our scholarships team directly at [email protected].

I hope this helps,

Pippa

Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Kizarkito
is there a skateboarding society at edge hill?

Hi @Kizarkito,

It's great that you are considering Edge Hill! The Students' Union manages over 60 different diverse societies. You are able to view the full list here to see if any of these interest you. Unfortunately, as far as I can see there is no skateboarding society set up as of yet but anyone is able to set up their own society or adopt one which is inactive. All you need is two other people to attend your society. Maybe this is something you can consider doing in order to create a society which fits your interests when you start university :smile:

I hope this is helpful,
Katie - First Year Educational Psychology student
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Edge Hill University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Hi everyone I've got an offer to study, law and criminology. I'm thinking of making edge hill my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending