The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Architecture 2022 entry

Hi

I'm worried that my predicted grades won't cut it for 2022's entry, especially as covid has impacted me personally more than others, as I'm a slower learner. However, my portfolio (art a level, as well as some designs and knowhow of key software such as sketchup, autocad e.c.t) made in my free time is quite strong.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I'm worried that my predicted grades won't cut it for 2022's entry, especially as covid has impacted me personally more than others, as I'm a slower learner. However, my portfolio (art a level, as well as some designs and knowhow of key software such as sketchup, autocad e.c.t) made in my free time is quite strong.

Hi!

I am a second year architecture student at the University of Kent and it's amazing to hear that you are already familiar with the core software programs. Do you know what universities you are thinking to apply for? I believe it's still worth giving it a try as you can send off your portfolio, hoping that universities will be sensitive to the disruptions caused by the pandemic. If worst comes to worst, going through clearance is still an option. But I am sure you will be fine! Do you have any questions about the course?

I hope this helps!

Tracy
- UKC Rep
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi!

I am a second year architecture student at the University of Kent and it's amazing to hear that you are already familiar with the core software programs. Do you know what universities you are thinking to apply for? I believe it's still worth giving it a try as you can send off your portfolio, hoping that universities will be sensitive to the disruptions caused by the pandemic. If worst comes to worst, going through clearance is still an option. But I am sure you will be fine! Do you have any questions about the course?

I hope this helps!

Tracy
- UKC Rep

No thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi!

I hope this helps!

Tracy
- UKC Rep

Actually, I have a question, did you achieve the grades the uni of kent required, or did they look more on your portfolio?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending